Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

gearing gearing gearing!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

gearing gearing gearing! Empty
PostSubject: gearing gearing gearing!   gearing gearing gearing! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:47 am

i read of a guy running a 14t/49 he said it was 11% lower than stock . so my ? is y not just add a tooth or two to the stock 13t front ? y change the front ? maybe someone can fill me in on y he would do that.

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: gearing gearing gearing!   gearing gearing gearing! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:00 am

A larger front sprocket is easier on the chain - whether it noticeably adds enough to chain life to make the change just for that, I don't know. Another reason is you could be thinking of having something like 14/47 for the equivalent of almost stock gearing for general running around and dirt road riding, and then swap down to a 12 tooth for some real tractor power when running gnarly singletrack.

If you add a couple of teeth to the stock - assuming you can get a 15 tooth in there - and don't change the rear sprocket, you're going to turn already tall gearing into REALLY tall gearing. Like, ridiculously tall.

If you want to play "what if" with gearing combinations, go visit www.gearingcommander.com
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: ok   gearing gearing gearing! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 am

oh ok i get it now thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gearing gearing gearing!   gearing gearing gearing! Empty

Back to top Go down

gearing gearing gearing!