Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

K&N air filter

Go down 
+11
aaronhall555
Mikechicago
mattf
SheWolf
WRXer
Mr.Metal
galland1
simonpig
Krabill
edwardhill1995
dirtytrixx400
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

K&N air filter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&N air filter   K&N air filter - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:07 pm

FML
Back to top Go down
ToaadWR

ToaadWR

PostSubject: Re: K&N air filter   K&N air filter - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Don't be scared to use this filter, its fine for the road and gives the most hp according to dyno charts.

Here is what i did to mine to make it more dirt worthy, just some plain old weatherstrippping

K&N air filter - Page 2 Dsc02210

K&N air filter - Page 2 Dsc02211

Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: K&N air filter   K&N air filter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:29 am

its not so much the seal. its that the cotton gauze doen't not filter as well as an oiled foam filter. in fact i was reading a 4wding magazine last night and it actually has an article on this very discussion, albeit in a 4wd way. they had a number of filters for a diesel landcruiser independantly tested, stock paper, aftermarket paper, unifilter foam and k&n. the results are particlespassed thru filter/cubic metre @ 5 microns

unifilter - 2349.8
after market paper - 4081.3
stock paper - 4664.3
k&n - 4982.3

make of it what you will. i know what i'll be running.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: K&N air filter   K&N air filter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:55 am

+10, thank you for noting that Miller. This is exactly why I won't run that on mine off road. Don't want to even chance dusting the engine. Rolling Eyes

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: K&N air filter   K&N air filter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:48 pm

You have to be careful with K&N stuff, i know that in some cases they actually cause a power loss on a dyno, they always say they flow better and make more power but as with any aftermarket acc they make the results fit
Never forget that acc companies need to sell acc, it does not matter if it works or not, they just want your money
As for the comments on usage in a dirty environment, anyone ever see a K&N in a YZ450, nope, even K&N knows it won't work, so if it won't work there I don't want it at all, it's no different from an oil filter that won't filter as well as stock, it's a part that offers little or no benefit but less protection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&N air filter   K&N air filter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

K&N air filter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2