Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc

Go down 
+6
X-Racer
Jäger
Ushuaia Or Bust
YZEtc
SheWolf
mordicai
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mordicai

Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc Empty
PostSubject: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:59 pm

I don't know if it's just San Diego, but I am constantly amazed at the games car drivers here like to play with me on my bike. It seems that every day some aggressive dirver come close to taking me out.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:21 pm

There are a few cars/trucks around the area I ride, that have dents in the doors from my boots. budah

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 pm

I have wet dreams dreaming of the sound of baseball bats on metal!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:54 pm

This emote's for you. Very happy

beater

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:34 am

SheWolf wrote:
This emote's for you. Very happy

beater
That's the one
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:17 am

Is that one called the "Walking Tall"?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:47 am

I dunno, I've never heard the words emitted from whoever gets hit by it. Very happy

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:54 pm

San Diego drivers are simply awful. I'd venture to say it's a Socal quality. Just stay ahead of the pack and kick off a mirror or two wink
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Ushuaia Or Bust wrote:
San Diego drivers are simply awful. I'd venture to say it's a Socal quality. Just stay ahead of the pack and kick off a mirror or two wink
Yeah. Particularly on vehicles that can go faster than your bike, and on roads empty enough they can do something about it. Being chased down and run over by a vehicle several thousand pounds heavier than you is not cool.

Then there's the guy who simply dials 911 on his cell phone to give the police your plate number and the fact you just vandalized his vehicle in a fit of road rage. He's got physical evidence, you can't even prove he nearly hit you. So you get the charge, the fine, the insurance bill, the points on your license... and they walk away laughing.

Unintended consequences can be there for those who choose to roll the dice.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:37 pm

SheWolf wrote:
There are a few cars/trucks around the area I ride, that have dents in the doors from my boots. budah

Better boots than boobs. ...which is what I read the first time.
Back to top Go down
TierHawg

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Humility is riding a 250 cc bike in traffic. Shog
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:01 pm

X-Racer wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

Better boots than boobs. ...which is what I read the first time.

Sadly the accident I had back in 88 flattened me in that respect. Not fun. Ow.... eeek

twday

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm

I think the national IQ has dropped at least 40 points in the last three decades. Drivers everywhere are dumber, more aggressive, and less competent. The guy who wrote "Marching Morons" (the stolen premise of Idiocracy) knew what he was talking about.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:14 pm

I lived in San Diego for quite some time, and yes, I'd agree, the drivers there tend to be more aggressive. Now I live in Newport Beach, south of Los Angeles, and the drivers here are aggressive, but it's packed tighter so they have to follow the rules more, and there's more apprehension since you can piss off some really bad characters from the city if you're not careful, and I don't think that exists as much in San Diego.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:21 pm

After 2.5 years of riding and over 40,000 miles, most of which in a major metro area, I've been nearly hit so many times it doesn't phase me anymore. And its bad everywhere. Most of the time if I'm traveling I'll simply hop on the interstate or bypass highway to avoid going through smaller medium sized or bigger towns altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc   Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Driver aggressive, Hostile,etc
Page 1 of 1