Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Member Northern NM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyWare

New Member Northern NM Empty
PostSubject: New Member Northern NM   New Member Northern NM EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:46 pm

I have been lurking here for a few months and figured I would say hello to everyone. I recently got a 2011 WR250R as a lower performance version of the 2007 KTM 450 EXCR (Dual Sport... welll kinda) that I sold last year. I should be getting paid to ride and have a pit crew if I am going to stay riding KTMs. So I figured read up on and decide upon a DRZ400 or a wr250r. The fuel injection and 6th gear sold me on the yamaha.

I ordered about 1k$ of extras for the bike but have decided to upgrade it slowly as I go and see where I can get to. I put about 200 miles on it so far and decided the tires that came on it were too scary for me in the mountains around here. It goes from fire roads to rocks to grass and lots of 2-6" powdery sand/dirt. The tires that came on it were great on the street but had a frightening lack of grip on the trails. I changed them out yesterday for the Kenda 760's (front and rear). Now those allow for better handling in the dirt but are actually scary on cold pavement. I guess you can't win them all. My next set might just be 6 day extremes as I am used to the feel of those (but they wear fast on rocks and pavement).

I played with the power commander V for it tonight (not installed, just on the computer). I will put it on next with all zeros in position 1 and a switch for the "all stock" map in position 2. Hopefully I can eventually get the right maps for the upgrades I plan on doing. I will likely not tear the bike all up as I have seen is popular but I will likely put a FMF q4 slipon on it and see if I can get enough grunt out of it. It is certainly not a KTM but it excels for a 250 and I am hoping I can get 30+ HP out of it without causing the need for constant maintenance.

Anyways, look forward to talking with you all and if you are ever near by then hit me up and I will show you the trails nearby my place.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Member Northern NM   New Member Northern NM EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:41 am

Welcome to the pack! thumb

SteveO

PostSubject: welcome   New Member Northern NM EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:50 am

Welcome to the board.

The 6th gear, Fuel Injection, and aluminum frame really sold me as well on this bike. Previously I had a 2001 WR250F and enjoyed that bike. This one is a very nice step up.

Last night I just finished putting on a Lynx fairing, Eastern Beaver Fuse panel, HID lights, gas tank, GPR stabilizer..... This has been a long project, but it seems to finally be coming together. I'm hoping to be out riding again in a couple of weeks.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member Northern NM   New Member Northern NM Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member Northern NM
Page 1 of 1