Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Swapping front tire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mucker

mucker

Swapping front tire Empty
PostSubject: Swapping front tire   Swapping front tire EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:19 am

Just wondering how common it is for dual sporters to swap just their front tire, when switching between touring and dirt ridingÉ
For me, I like my back tire, 606s f+r, for all round...but wish I had an all out competition style front tire for trail riding. Though I havent toured yet, I assume an all out touring front tire would feel better, for that.
So would it be reasonable to leave a 606 on the rear and just switch a knobbie or slick on the front, depending on the day, to save time, and preserve lazinessÉ
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Swapping front tire   Swapping front tire EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:45 am

Well, I'd bet that somebody somewhere has done it.
Myself, if I were to swap tires for different riding terrain, I'd just have it over with and change both tires.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Swapping front tire   Swapping front tire EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:09 am

Interesting to note, that the StoneEater front works better than the 606 front did, and it is pavement friendly. It doesn't wear as bad either, and you can flip it around when you do get wear. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Swapping front tire   Swapping front tire Empty

Back to top Go down

Swapping front tire
Page 1 of 1