Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???

Go down 
+43
WRinSC
back2thefuture
JoeHop
Angel_wr250
exocon
Carbide
YouTube brapaholics
mekros
66T
maddaddy
WolfpackFBNS
keetmanaa
dfoustou
theMISSIONARY
trashbox
Cruiser_805
mordicai
Berwyn Henderson
mr_beat
motocrossmann
jason meacham
texascycle
Crazy M
sewerat
Coop
IAmABug
Daamud
Ironbrewer
Ushuaia Or Bust
pbnut
f3joel
10Cup
wristpin
addikted2boost
aaronhall555
SheWolf
trav72
kjharn
09wrx
DougZ
mash100
skierd
wingnut
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ironbrewer

Ironbrewer

How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:50 pm

I have a bit over 15,000 miles indicated on mine. I figure its closer to 12,000 though. I don't have a speedo healer. Anybody with really big miles now??
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:13 pm

'08 with 963 miles. dunno

Bought it late last fall with 178 miles. Very happy

Winter is a bitch! deal
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 am

I have 2750kms now. 2011 WR250R. Bought in September.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 am

I'm at about 12,000 miles on my 08 R.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 am

Daamud wrote:
'08 with 963 miles. dunno

Bought it late last fall with 178 miles. Very happy

Winter is a bitch! deal

I just bought mine 3 weeks ago with 189. It now has 639, but that is going up quickly.
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 pm

I don' t get it scratch
I got mine Nov 11 2011 with about 6000kms on it. Its now got about 11,000kms on it and riding season hasn't really started, we just got rid of the snow a few weeks ago... What are all you guys doing with yours wiping it clean? dddog
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:29 pm

sewerat wrote:
I don' t get it scratch
I got mine Nov 11 2011 with about 6000kms on it. Its now got about 11,000kms on it and riding season hasn't really started, we just got rid of the snow a few weeks ago... What are all you guys doing with yours wiping it clean? dddog

I put ice screws in my tires for when I ran the forest roads. They tend to get icey from the trucks and snowmobiles packing the snow. So that kind of killed any road riding for me. bannana

I'll do my best to try and keep up. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:44 pm

well i just turned 20,000 km (20,268) got the bike in '08, all ive done is gearing so i dont turn as many RPM on highway and changed the tires twice. never changed the plug, never checked the valves.... maybe i should?!?!? scratch
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:51 am

I am sorry to report only 5100. But happy to report, all trouble-free. Runs like the day I brought 'er home. Maybe even a little better. If I didn't have Concours14, it would be much more since I mostly commute on the WRR (besides the occasional trail rides) a whopping 7 miles round trip.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:27 am

I'm probably going to break 36k miles tomorrow. Just to update.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm

sewerat wrote:
I don' t get it scratch

I have been riding mine everyday, rain or shine, cold or warm. I put 75 miles a day on it commuting last week, I leave in the dark and get home in the dark. The kid I bought it from never rode it that is why the mileage was so low when I bought it. Tomorrow I need to do a maintenance day on it as I am about 100 miles over-do for the 600 mile service.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:14 pm

skierd wrote:
I'm probably going to break 36k miles tomorrow. Just to update.

That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:09 pm

I'm at 17,000 miles,,,,,,,I'm just wondering what's the most miles you guys have put on in one day ?? last August,,I rode 440 miles in one day up in maine,,,about 25% was dirt..it took me 12 hours with out stoppin very much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Ironbrewer wrote:
I have a bit over 15,000 miles indicated on mine. I figure its closer to 12,000 though. I don't have a speedo healer. Anybody with really big miles now??

Ironbrewer- I'm pretty sure the indicated mileage on the odo is correct, unless you have a speedo healer installed. I read somewhere around there that Yamaha intentionally made the odo correct, but made the speed incorrect - to slow you down, I guess? Only if you install a speedo healer does your odo record incorrectly.
Back to top Go down
mr_beat

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:20 am

4500 and had to order new sprockets. I had the 08 sprocket. I ordered the new sprocket and an x-ring chain. Keeping the stock gearing since i like to take trips on this bike and didn'twant an aluminum sprocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:20 pm

12,000 miles of pinging of the rev limiter daily, and I'm not lying. I ride it like it's a KX60. This thing is a f'n tank of a bike. On my 4th set of tires. Replaced the chain and sprockets once. Stock brake pads are still stopping, and I nose wheelie at 50mph, and into every other stop sign and light.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

I have almost 12k on mine. Have not been riding it much lately, sure do like it tho !! Have most of the twikes plus two sets of r wheels. Set on a 08 x today. It is almost as delivered height wise and it is as low as my r after I lowered it. Guess I need a set of x wheels !! Berwyn PS--- The x is for sale at 4200, has I think around 13k commuter miles. Looks like new at least compared to mine.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 am

Hey Jason, Just read your question about one day miles! I put about 1k miles from home to tenn. Got early start and finished just about dark. It took me about 14 hours and 7 gas stops, not bad I thought. Had a motorcycle cop near Birmingham to tell me to slow down. Was a good ride. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 am

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
Hey Jason, Just read your question about one day miles! I put about 1k miles from home to tenn. Got early start and finished just about dark. It took me about 14 hours and 7 gas stops, not bad I thought. Had a motorcycle cop near Birmingham to tell me to slow down. Was a good ride. Berwyn

What were you riding? If you rode 1.000 miles on a wr250r with a 75 year old ass for 14 hours you are a sick man or a superman. At 72, I've done 250 miles on my x and called it a day, but of course this is on two lane mountain roads and an hour or so of dirt and graval. Got about 13,000 on the clock.
Back to top Go down
Cruiser_805

Cruiser_805

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:02 pm

well i got my wrr a few months ago an it 2012 i got in december with 1 mile on it now its 1000 miles is that alot in a short time?
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
HOLLY SHIT ******* 1 thousand miles in one day has got to be the record on this forum...my 440 mile day kicked my ass,,like I said,,about 25% was off road,,do you have the stock seat? I have a CORBIN seat which makes long trips more bearable.I also wore padded bicycle shorts. ..................Jason
Back to top Go down
trashbox

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 pm

1000 miles in a day is a lot on a WR. I've done ~4xx in a day about 50/50 road/off and that was rough. Might have to push it a couple days this year and see what I can get in.

One thing, besides the seat, that limits me is the hand grips. Do they make larger grips? These have been hard to get used to being so small (diameter). I've tried searching around, but haven't found anything yet. I honestly haven't tried that hard either.

I only have 5000 on my 2008 (bought new in '09), but it's my second bike and I usually only ride it if I'm doing trails.
Back to top Go down
Ironbrewer

Ironbrewer

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Cruiser_805 wrote:
well i got my wrr a few months ago an it 2012 i got in december with 1 mile on it now its 1000 miles is that alot in a short time?

I bought mine used. i did a fly and ride out to Sacramento CA and rode it 1550 miles back to Denver CO in 3 and a half days. it included about 600 miles of dirt including slickrock in Moab, Imogene pass, the Burr trail past lake powell. It was a great first ride. I'm hoping to ride the Utah discovery ride from Butler maps this Sep. I'll ride to the southern boarder of Utah and ride 900 miles to the northern boarder(mostly dirt) then home to the Denver area.
Back to top Go down
Ironbrewer

Ironbrewer

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:59 pm

motocrossmann wrote:
Ironbrewer wrote:

Ironbrewer- I'm pretty sure the indicated mileage on the odo is correct, unless you have a speedo healer installed. I read somewhere around there that Yamaha intentionally made the odo correct, but made the speed incorrect - to slow you down, I guess? Only if you install a speedo healer does your odo record incorrectly.

I don't understand how the Electric Odo wouldn't be off if you changed the gearing subastantially.
Back to top Go down
theMISSIONARY

theMISSIONARY

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 am

I dont feel the need for a new thread.... so

i have 34800miles on my 2008 now still runs very well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???   How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many miles do you have on your WR250R/X ???
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next