Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries

Go down 
+9
Captain Midnight
Arkmage
mattf
spacecadet
pbnut
dtx
trav72
BuilderBob
f3joel
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
f3joel

f3joel

Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries Empty
PostSubject: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Got my suspension back a week and a half ago.
Did not take long to get them back and customer service is great.

I had the forks re-valved with the Ohlins 20mm piston kit with mid valve, and the shock re-valved.
Spring changes were not needed with my weight.

This is the best mod I have done to the bike.
Improvements everywhere: on the gas, on the brakes, cornering.
The bike feels so much more stable and balanced.
No more crazy front end dive under hard braking, bike stays balanced.
The rear shock actually works now... stock was horrible to say the least.
The suspension feels a lot more like a sport bike now.
I'm still getting used to the differences and have only rode once with leathers on since the change.
I wanted to wait until I got over to Deals Gap to write this.
Not going to make it this weekend though, so I wanted to get the word out.
Well worth the money, super happy with the results

I will update with my thoughts after a Deals Gap trip and after track days.

http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/index.htm
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Sweet!! Congrats! thumb

Did Dave do the work? He did my rear shock in February and I want to have the forks done too. Super nice guy.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Thanks
Yeah Dave is great, very easy to deal with.
Get your forks done, you will love it thumb
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:25 pm

I had Go Race do my shock and spring. I agree, best money spent on the bike! I should have done the forks at the same time. baldy Oh well, it will definitely be my next mod.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:45 pm

I almost had mine done at Go Race.
Would have had I not lost my job at the time I was going to send them off, lol.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:46 pm

fastbikes all the way !!!!!
spend all the money you want on pipes/farkel/bling. nothing is better than a well sprung bike !!
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:12 am

I just received my reworked shock.

The factory ride height adjustment was set to as low as it would go. When I told Dave I put it back to stock ride height he said I should put it back since that was the correct geometry.

What say you?
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 am

id say dave knows what he is talking about
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 pm

When Dave sends it back you just bolt it on, don't mess with it.

Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Adjusting when I get home...
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm

I had Dave rework my rear shock and I finally gave it a good test this weekend. worth every penny of the $170 or so it cost including the shipping back and forth. I couldn't believe what a difference it made on the trail and for jumps.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:10 pm

mattf wrote:
I had Dave rework my rear shock and I finally gave it a good test this weekend. worth every penny of the $170 or so it cost including the shipping back and forth. I couldn't believe what a difference it made on the trail and for jumps.

Did you find that the back end tended to "bounce" up less on stuff like whoops and log crossings? Stock, the back end always feels like it wants to launch off of any little elevation change. Nearly sent me over the bars a few times already.

Not sure if that's the suspension, my crap newbie riding technique, or a combination of the two.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:37 pm

that is what fastbikes cures !!! and that stand up mid courner
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 pm

awesome... it's in the budget for next month and I'm really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:45 pm

yup, as DTX stated, it will help with that a lot and you won't regret it. I think it was roughly $20 in parts that David put into mine, it really pisse me off Yamaha just didn't have it already set up the way he makes it work. I think they should hire him to do the suspensions before they ship the bikes.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Mine continues to impress me. I did some light jumping with it, and when I land I'm always surprised that the hit wasn't as rough as I anticipated.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Still loving my FBI setup!
Best money I have spent on the bike.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Put everything in the mail yesterday morning... can't wait to get it back!

Missing Pieces
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:49 pm

You should probably be getting it soon if you have not already.
I know you are going to love it thumb
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Tracking # says tomorrow... already told the boss I'm leaving early to install it :)
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Well... it's all installed. The rear is noticeably smoother and there is less front end dive under braking. Other than that I have't ridden it enough to make a true review.

So far just 14 miles of commuter miles. This weekend I'll try and get out to some curves and places lacking concrete to get more feel for it.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 pm

did you have the 20mm ohlins piston kit put in the front or just a revalve?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 pm

f3joel wrote:
did you have the 20mm ohlins piston kit put in the front or just a revalve?

of course I went with the ohlins :)
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:02 am

awesome thumb
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:25 pm

I revalved mine, it sure needed it. No rebound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries   Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries Empty

Back to top Go down

Had my wr250x suspenion done by Fastbikeindustries
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next