Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dropped my bike!

Go down 
+4
wristpin
motokid
velox
BoredAzHell20
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BoredAzHell20

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:08 am

So I worked on the bike today. Changed the rear and front sprocket on the wr250x by myself. I was so proud that I got the front sprocket off with no help (I was sitting on the bike with a torque wrench on my left hand while holding the rear brake). So when it was all done, tested the sprockets by running the bike on idle and watching the chain go through the sprockets on first gear. Turned the bike off, took off the rear stand, and set the bike down like I was boss. When the bike tilted further than normal everything went into slow-mo. I just watch the bike slowly crash on the side over all of my tools. I forgot to put the kickstand back down after testing the bike. silly me . baldy Now i am in the market for stock foot pegs and a shifter link. lol
Back to top Go down
velox

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:21 am

I've done that before.

Be glad it isn't a sport bike and your fairings aren't broken.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:42 am

You damaged your footpeg and shifter in a garage tip-over?????????

eeek

DAMN.......I lowsided my X in second gear once, doing some parking lot shenanigans, and never bent a thing.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
wristpin

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:38 am

The first month I owned my R, I dumped it 15 times on the trails. I have only a few minor scratches to show for it.
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:13 am

motokid wrote:
You damaged your footpeg and shifter in a garage tip-over?????????

eeek

DAMN.......I lowsided my X in second gear once, doing some parking lot shenanigans, and never bent a thing.

I think it was bent because of the impact socket set it landed on. lol
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:21 pm

I've crashed my R hundreds of times, including a gravel highside yesterday at 45mph. No damage in any crash.

Thats just bad luck, sir!
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Hell, my bike's been dropped, crashed, slid , flipped and that includes a few run-ins with trees. Still haven't really bent anything to bad.
Back to top Go down
skierd

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:54 pm

You can probably bend the shifter back no problem. A bent footpeg is a good excuse to buy a set of DRC wide pegs for ~$50.

I've knocked mine off the lift stand once, with the rear suspension and swingarm off too. That was fun to get back up. Also another time with the front wheel off (changing tires). budah
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:52 pm

skierd wrote:
You can probably bend the shifter back no problem. A bent footpeg is a good excuse to buy a set of DRC wide pegs for ~$50.

I've knocked mine off the lift stand once, with the rear suspension and swingarm off too. That was fun to get back up. Also another time with the front wheel off (changing tires). budah

Good suggestion about the foot pegs.

Yea I am going to try and bend back the shifter, first by heating it using a torch. I tried bending a shifter link before just by using brute force and the damn thing snapped in half. lol
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah, I've dropped my WRR countless times(I'm sure over 150 times). The only things I've ever bent/broke beyond repair were the crappy stock handlebars, and the front brake lever(tip of it eventually broke off) which still works fine with two fingers, and the throttle tube. For the foot pegs and shifter, I've had some decent spills on them too, and have bent the shifter is such a way that it hit the engine case and twisted the shifter so it was pointing up, just took a large crescent wrench to twist it back in to it's proper position, works fine. On only issue I've had with the foot peg(s) after a spill is that afterwards the peg gets stuck in the up/folded position and I just have to kick the shit out of it to get it to fold out again, never bent the actual peg though.

I've accidentally tipped her over in the garage as well and did break the left mirror mount... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dropped my bike!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped my bike!    Dropped my bike!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dropped my bike!
Page 1 of 1