Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Error code 19 WR250r

Go down 
+4
greer
Fuzzy Wrench
motokid
Wilco
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilco

Error code 19 WR250r Empty
PostSubject: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:27 am

Can anyone help me, my bike gives sometimes an error code 19. When i start in in the morning it is ok. When i switch it of and start it again code 19 is comming up. The fuel pump is running and the starting motor is also spinning around but the engine wont start. According to the error code list it should be a failure in the side stand switch but i have taking it away and i connected the wires together but still the code is coming up and the bike wont start.
I appriciate your help.

Wilco
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:44 am

Wilco wrote:
Can anyone help me, my bike gives sometimes an error code 19. When i start in in the morning it is ok. When i switch it of and start it again code 19 is comming up. The fuel pump is running and the starting motor is also spinning around but the engine wont start. According to the error code list it should be a failure in the side stand switch but i have taking it away and i connected the wires together but still the code is coming up and the bike wont start.
I appriciate your help.

Wilco

Check your fuses.

Your post is a little confusing.

Did you say you have removed side stand?

Have you removed the safety switch and just connected the wires together?

Can you be a little clearer on what you've changed from the stock configuration?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:58 am

motokid wrote:
Wilco wrote:
I appriciate your help.

Wilco

Check your fuses.

Your post is a little confusing.

Did you say you have removed side stand?

Have you removed the safety switch and just connected the wires together?

Can you be a little clearer on what you've changed from the stock configuration?

I have removed the safety switch which is connected to the side stand. And i have those wires connected together.

I that way i simulate that the side stand is fold in permanently.

My fuses are ok. It is a little bit strange because de error is occasionally.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:58 am

clickity me please <-- same issues here - click it

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:17 am

Can you try reconnecting the safety switch and see if that clears up your problems?

It seems that "mod" is not very reliable.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:41 am

motokid wrote:

Thanks for the link Motokid i did not see it before. I have changed the spark plug like Skierd has done but it did not help on my bike.

Because we have more WR250R bikes i will start changing electrical parts. HAs anyone suggestions where to start?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:45 am

Wilco wrote:
motokid wrote:

Thanks for the link Motokid i did not see it before. I have changed the spark plug like Skierd has done but it did not help on my bike.

Because we have more WR250R bikes i will start changing electrical parts. HAs anyone suggestions where to start?

I was not suggesting you had a broken spark plug since you said your bike would run occasionally.

A place to start?

Start with reinstalling the safety switch that you removed.
Shorting those wires together like that just doesn't seem like a wise idea.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:05 pm

I reinstalled the safety switch but it does not help. The error code is comming back.

After cycling the key four five times the code disappears and the engine starts.

When i stop the eninge and try to start it again the the code 19 is comming back
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Hopefully somebody else here will have some suggestions.

Sounds like there's still a short happening somewhere in the side-stand circuit.

But I have not had this issue and therefore can't help any more that what I've suggested so far.
Not that I was much help....

If you get it figured out PLEASE post what the problem was, and how you fixed it.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:46 pm

I have changed:

Spark plug
Fuses
ECU
Temp sensor in the filterbox
Neutral switch
Safety sensor on the side stand
Startrelay
All other relais beside the battery
Emergency switch (level switch)
Solenoid valve on the air intake

Stil NOT solved
It has to be a short in one of the wires. But where to look if it is occasionally!!!? budah
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:10 pm

The error code suggests it's side stand related.

I'm not sure if there are other things that error code 19 represents.

Are you trying to start bike with side stand both up & down - now that you've reinstalled the side stand safety switch?

With bike in neutral? With side stand up & down?

Can you trace the path of the wires from the side stand to wherever they go?

Is it possible somewhere along the path of those wires a spot has worn through and there's contact with some other wire or part of the frame?

If it were me - given that you are getting error code 19 - I'd still be concentrating on the side stand safety switch and the wires connected to it.

I might also try disconnecting the battery and letting bike sit for 10 minutes or more then reconnecting battery and seeing if the code is still being thrown.

Again - this is just my thought process here - and based only of wild-assed guessing.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:46 am

When i disconnect the battery for 30 seconds the error is gone when i cycle the key. After starting and stopping the bike several times the error code is comming back.

So there are two ways to let the code disappear:

Disconnect the battery
Cycling the key many times

It looks like a diode failure.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:53 am

you've replaced everything, even the starter circuit cut-off relay,..
the only thing left is your wire harness...start looking...
pinch points, rub marks, bent pins inside the connector(!), pins pushed out of connectors...
good luck
Back to top Go down
Wilco

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have found it.

It is a failure in the main key switch.

When i cycle the key it is connecting the main power but some times not the ECU steering current (blue/yellow to blue/black).

Now i have made a bridge (shortened) in the connector of these leads which is located under the gasoline tank (the red one).

It is also simple to simulate the error code 19 by disconnecting this connector.

[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/63/91/46/wr25011.jpg

If any one have questions just ask.

I am happy now. cheers
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Wow, that sounds like some keen detective work. Glad you got it figured out, and thanks for posting back.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
maddaddy

maddaddy

PostSubject: Picture?   Error code 19 WR250r EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Wilco wrote:

I have found it.

When i cycle the key it is connecting the main power but some times not the ECU steering current (blue/yellow to blue/black).

Now i have made a bridge (shortened) in the connector of these leads which is located under the gasoline tank (the red one).

It is also simple to simulate the error code 19 by disconnecting this connector.

I am happy now. cheers

Can you repost the photo?
Back to top Go down
gumbycw

gumbycw

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 8:21 pm

Agreed. I would really appreciate this photo as I am having the same issue. Thanks
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 8:13 am

maddaddy wrote:
Wilco wrote:

I have found it.

I am happy now.  cheers

Can anyone re-post the pic? I'm have the same problem on my 08

simmons1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
simmons1

simmons1

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 1:43 pm

crazy_dave wrote:
maddaddy wrote:
Wilco wrote:

I have found it.

I am happy now.  cheers

Can anyone re-post the pic? I'm have the same problem on my 08

My 08 did the same thing on the first day of my vacation about an hour ago. After finding this post I cycled the key a bunch of times and the code went away and it started. Would love to see that picture under the tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error code 19 WR250r   Error code 19 WR250r Empty

Back to top Go down

Error code 19 WR250r
Page 1 of 1