Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Great forum, great folks & a great bike

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shep

Great forum, great folks & a great bike Empty
PostSubject: Great forum, great folks & a great bike   Great forum, great folks & a great bike EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:59 am

This may not be the proper forum for this post, but I just wanted to offer up some thanks to those who keep this forum moving. I purchased my WRX about 7 weeks ago and, thanks to this forum and its members, have participated an an awesome helmet buy, tank buy and learned what the most effective accessories are to make the bike what I want it to be. I've added R wheels, rotors, sprocket and Dunlop 606s from Wheeling, along with various other accessories. I've even engaged in some bartering, having already sold my 4.5 tank to another member (decided 3.1 was enough for me), and sold my step seat as well. My loss, their gain. All that's left is to find some time to ride the bike! I plan on some weekend trips, photos and trip reports to come. Hopefully I can provide something in return. Thanks to all.

Shep
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Great forum, great folks & a great bike   Great forum, great folks & a great bike EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:10 am

For anyone who would like to conduct business with Shep over anything - he's the easiest going guy you'll come across.

Thanks for being part of this forum.

I'm psyched to get my new step-seat and appreciate how easy you made that happen.

Have a GREAT Memorial Day weekend. freaky

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Great forum, great folks & a great bike   Great forum, great folks & a great bike EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:13 am

Awesome. :)

Other very-well-worth-the-time mods are uncorking the air intake, exhaust, and plugging-in a fuel programmer.
The bike runs much better.
Lower gearing lets the bike get out of it's own way when you open the throttle.

The suspension also works MUCH better if you have it masssaged by one of the suspension shops that know the bike.
Stock, especially with the rear shock, it's relatively poor.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Great forum, great folks & a great bike   Great forum, great folks & a great bike EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:41 pm

shep wrote:
This may not be the proper forum for this post, but I just wanted to offer up some thanks to those who keep this forum moving.
YamWow! gets all the credit for the idea of and doing the work of starting a dedicated forum and setting the tone. The remaining credit goes to all the forum members (who post) who make up the community here, support each other and our bikes and rides, and make it what it is.

On the last point, we've been steadily climbing and now have over 1800 users here - most of whom presumably own a WR of some flavour. That's good. What's regrettable is that a quick look at the statistics shows that over 700 users have not even posted here once. That's bad, IMO.

Not to suggest that members should post "just because". Nor is there anything wrong with using the forum simply as a reading resource; that's legit. You might even suggest that when we have 1800+ members, over 1/3 haven't even posted once, but presumably they'd post at least once if their bike had a problem, the conclusion is this is a pretty trouble free bike!

But the bad part IMO is that SOME undefinable percentage of that silent 1/3 of our community probably have knowledge, helpful hints, tips and tricks, etc that would help other members here... and we haven't gotten the benefit of that. Too bad.

Anyways, keep keepin' on, everybody, and give yourselves a pat on the back. The knowledge base here keeps getting increasingly broader and deeper,. And while I enjoy and make daily visits to ADV with it's monstrous WR thread and TT when I'm forum browsing, this really is becoming the overall, organized, go-to resource for all things WR. It isn't a competition by any means, but for those who like a focused, organized, storehouse of knowledge (i.e. people like me), this is where it's at. And the WR specific group buys (about five in the last year, if I recall correctly) don't hurt either.

Have fun this weekend and thank somebody much more important: a combat arms veteran. You know, one of those people who a few years previously were being referred by their elders as "kids these days". They seem to have turned out just fine by me.
Back to top Go down
shep

PostSubject: Re: Great forum, great folks & a great bike   Great forum, great folks & a great bike EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:25 pm

I do indeed have the FMF pipe and Power Programmer, along with Wolfman Expedition dry bags, tank bag and the Yamalink. I think that is all so far.

Shep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great forum, great folks & a great bike   Great forum, great folks & a great bike Empty

Back to top Go down

Great forum, great folks & a great bike
Page 1 of 1