Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Plastics polish

Go down 
+2
wingnut
mrgeoff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrgeoff

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:09 am

Hi I did briefly try a search.
I tried to polish out a couple of scratches in my 2 year old BLACK 250x, and all I ended up doing was leaving rather a matt finish, disaster!
that's even with autoglym

So what polish will make my black plastics shiney again? All the bikes plastics could really do with buffing up.

Cheers Geoff.
Back to top Go down
wingnut

wingnut

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:17 am

I dont know if this stuff works or not,but the reviews look good.Im going to order some and try it
Link Below..

http://www.bikebandit.com/pc-racing-plastic-renew?WT.mc_id=1484958
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:07 am

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:12 am

Not 100% sure about a polish, I dont really have deep scratches, just need the showroom shine?

I may try the Plexus stuff.

No Mud thumb

Edit, just tried some furnature polish, best thing so far, dodnt make it worse, but didnt make it better... Plexus next, but maybe in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
G-MAN

G-MAN

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:06 pm

I have had good luck with Armorall. The "original protectant" works well but you get a little more gloss with the "ultra shine protectant".
I even use it on the underside of the fenders to make the dirt and mud easier to wash off. Peace YAM
This makes the plastic shine but as far as scratches go I have not had very much luck.
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:37 pm

For face shield plastic, the stuff from the Honda shop is excellent.

Plexus is ok for bike plastic. WD40 works too. Armour All is ok, not great but it keeps the static dust coating down. The anti-static stuff for a clothes dryer is really good for keeping dust from sticking.

The new microfiber rags at CostCo are the best! Amazing. WD40 is a great solvent for cleaning wheels too.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Honda polish is incredible stuff. thumb

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm

I tried WD40 the other day, was not any good at all.

Will keep the Honda polish in mind, thanks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plastics polish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastics polish   Plastics polish Empty

Back to top Go down

Plastics polish
Page 1 of 1