Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skrew

My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum Empty
PostSubject: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:32 am

Recently replaced stock horn with Stebel TM80 Magnum. First time installed it to the stock holder plate and guided horn out to the ground. This time I tried to guide it forward and succeeded.
Hope this will help someone.
My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum Horn-s10My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum After10

My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum Horn-p10My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum Horn-p11
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Dang..   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:48 am

thought this might be a new gun thread.... thumb
a horn? Sleep
Very happy
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm probably stating the obvious here, looking at the lack of bash plate and the tires, but I gather your riding doesn't include many worries of crap coming off the front tire filling the horn? Looks like a purpose-built mud catcher.

Not slagging your work and I like the idea, in fact I keep mumbling about replacing my stock horn, but I'd wonder how long that horn would survive dual sport riding

I assume you can orient the opening in any direction you want, however?

More closeup pics?
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:45 pm

Actually I am a city rider, and the worst thing can happen to bike is riding under the rain. Stebel promises their horns are heavy-duty - will see.

My previous idea was to install it closer to frame in counter-clock wise direction to current. That required a new holder plate - stock is very short for that. So I choose to leave it as is.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:45 pm

Jäger wrote:
More closeup pics?
No problem. Tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:36 am

My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum Img_2010My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum Img_2011
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Ha haaa... dude, you're TOO good. That's a little too macro for what I was hoping to see.

When you get time and if the mood suits you, could you zoom out a little more to show details of the mount/horn/frame relationship and how it all goes together.

Wait... the second pic does kind of show that, sorta. Looks like your mount allows orientation in any direction on a horizontal plane. A slightly different design could orient the horn opening any way you wanted it, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Huron52

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for posting up those pictures and the idea of putting a after market horns on.

Did you put a relay in the sytem? How has your horn button stoodup ?
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Huron52 wrote:
Thanks for posting up those pictures and the idea of putting a after market horns on.
Did you put a relay in the sytem? How has your horn button stoodup ?

No problem! :)

I just installed it instead of stock horn with no additional changes to electrical system at all. It consume about 6 Amp maximum.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:00 am

Time pass, but horn is OK. No problem with it at all, so I would recommend it to anybody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum   My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum Empty

Back to top Go down

My experience with Stebel TM80 Magnum
Page 1 of 1