Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cannon Motorsports X Thumper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rc23

rc23

Cannon Motorsports X Thumper Empty
PostSubject: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:50 pm

As long as the mods are cool with this I'd like to just start one thread and update it as things go with the build for our WR250X.

Photo Progression...

Delivery
From WR250x

From WR250x

R6 Tail and Vortex Bars (Thanks to Vortex - best sponsor EVER)
From WR250x

Superbright LEDS plate light to make it legal
From WR250x

Hacked the front fender
From WR250x

Flipped and chopped mirror
From WR250x

Quick sat ride - New SME sliders installed
From WR250x

Lots more to come - Will update shortly
From WR250x

Last edited by rc23 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Cycra's and renthal grips on.

PCV and airbox / AIS mods done.

...getting there.

From WR250x
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:18 pm

wink Lookin' good! thumb

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

More Vortex Goodies / RK Chain

From WR250x

From WR250x

Back to top Go down
lambe67

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm

looks good, i really like the r6 tail. question?? are the blinkers intergrated in that tail thanks, also do you have better pics of how you mounted the plate and the led placement. looks great so far keep up the work. thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:26 pm

lambe67 wrote:
looks good, i really like the r6 tail. question?? are the blinkers intergrated in that tail thanks, also do you have better pics of how you mounted the plate and the led placement. looks great so far keep up the work. thanks in advance.

This tail came from one of my race bikes so its the OEM one that does not have signals - luckily in VA there is no signal requirement. They DO sell them fairly cheap on ebay though.

I'll get some better pics of the plate and the plate led just has a sticky back that I put on the front(flat surface) of the tail light.

Thanks thumb
Back to top Go down
lambe67

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:47 pm

rc23 wrote:
lambe67 wrote:

This tail came from one of my race bikes so its the OEM one that does not have signals - luckily in VA there is no signal requirement. They DO sell them fairly cheap on ebay though.

I'll get some better pics of the plate and the plate led just has a sticky back that I put on the front(flat surface) of the tail light.

Thanks thumb

thanks alot, also would you beable to tell me what year would work with the tail light I found an 06 07 with intergrated signals, just was unusre if it works thanks again.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Sorry - Need to get those pics. All r6 tail lights will work 06-11 - as long as they're the V model and not the S(03-05 body style)

CF Belly pan and all safety wired up.

From Drop Box

From Drop Box
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm

where'd you get that belly pan?
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 pm

You've got PM.
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:47 am

this bike intrigues me. it looks like you're setting it up for racing, is that the case?
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 am

Vortac wrote:
this bike intrigues me. it looks like you're setting it up for racing, is that the case?

Mainly trackdays but a few rounds in Mid-Atlantic CCS just to play around. They just added a new "ultralight thunderbike" class that allows single cylinder bikes up to 250cc's...so i figured since I'll be there anyway I might as well race the little x.

I almost had everything ready in time for last weekends races at VIR but couldn't get my 600's done in time.

I'll still ride it on the street but from your avatar I know you can relate to it just not being the same when you're not on the track :(

Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am

yeah, unfortunately since i've moved, street riding this bike hasn't been much fun.

so it's been spending it's days at the track.

i know WERA opened up their rules this year to allow thumpers (wrx and the new cbr250) in with their ninja 250 class. which sounds like a blast.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:38 am

Vortac wrote:
yeah, unfortunately since i've moved, street riding this bike hasn't been much fun.

so it's been spending it's days at the track.

i know WERA opened up their rules this year to allow thumpers (wrx and the new cbr250) in with their ninja 250 class. which sounds like a blast.

Yea - only problem is there is no money in racing this year. Yamaha cut our contingency like crazy and a few sponsors bailed.
There are only a few ninja 250's running this class and I'm pretty sure they'd smoke this thing on the straights but some of the tighter tracks might have an advantage....we'll see.

Side Note* I noticed in your track thread you're running a different brake line - what brand did you go with? I can get a deal on Spieglers but they take some time...I know HEL makes a set as well...

Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 pm

mines a goodridge. a few people have commented on how long it is, but this being my first "dirt" bike, that's how i thought it was supposed to be. other than it apparently being too long, it's a nice piece.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=1902925&store=Main&catId=&productId=p196792&leafCatId=&mmyId=17600130
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:12 pm

HEL Line and Vesrah pads going on tonight.

Ask me how hard it is to find a castle nut for this rear axle...I dare you :)

From Drop Box
" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Motorsports X Thumper   Cannon Motorsports X Thumper Empty

Back to top Go down

Cannon Motorsports X Thumper
Page 1 of 1