Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Konflict Motorsports Suspension

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry S

Konflict Motorsports Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

I just sent my forks and shock to Alex at http://www.konflictmotorsports.com/ to be done. I've used Konflict before and it completely changed the bike, but more importantly, Konflict has excellent customer service and tech support. Alex has personally walked me through making adjustments to the suspension 6 months later to make sure I get the most out of it.  

total rebuild;  resprung, valves, pistons, rear bladder, skf seals, and fluid.

If you followed the Dakar Rally this year Alex's work was on Lydon Poskitts KTM 450 Rally bike who took second place in the Malle Moto class. If it's good enough for the rally dudes it should be overkill for a guy like me.  

Konflict Motorsports Suspension Wr_sus10
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Jerry S wrote:
total rebuild;  resprung, valves, pistons, rear bladder, skf seals, and fluid.

Does fork revalving include both compression and rebound damping? Compression damping in the forks is easy (e.g. Race Tech Gold Valves), rebound damping is not.
Back to top Go down
Jerry S

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 am

It does, the KM2 package includes polishing the internals, rebound, compression, and mid stroke set up.

The funny thing is, I love riding the WR250 as it sits. I could take the WR for what it is and just ride it and never look back. So when I chat with my girl about what I think I need, she always tends to point out that I don't really need anything when it comes to how I spend my free time. However, she also pointed out that if doing the suspension on the bike or any of the other things I think about all day allow me to better enjoy my ride than do it.

Interestingly, Konflict is Washington state but Alex raced District 37. Ridgecrest, where I live is in the heart of D37 so it was great to talk to him about riding some of the same areas. I'm probably an average rider at best but this area of the desert is demanding on equipment. Even if you don't ride hard, the suspension on your bike gets put through its paces.

Jerry
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 am

Jerry S wrote:
It does, the KM2 package includes polishing the internals, rebound, compression, and mid stroke set up.

So how much does Konflict charge for this fork service?
Back to top Go down
Jerry S

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:01 pm

When it was said and done, shipping, springs, valves, seals, everything to get the most out of the WR250R forks and shock, $1345.

I figured that if I did it myself, tools and parts I would have been in the $650-700 range and it would have been mediocre at best.
Back to top Go down
Jerry S

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:32 am

Got my suspension back Friday, put the bike back together and rode the Death Valley Rally. Put 500 miles on it through all kinds of terrain and I couldn't be happier. It's different bike entirely.

Konflict Motorsports Suspension 20180214

Konflict Motorsports Suspension 20180215

Konflict Motorsports Suspension 20180217

Konflict Motorsports Suspension 20180216
Back to top Go down
svandell

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 1:16 pm

What spring rates did you end up with? I am about to set mine op for the same riding you do. I do everything from Ocotillo Wells, Red Mountain, Death Valley, Jawbone, to Big Bear type terrain.
Back to top Go down
Jerry S

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 12:35 pm

The front springs are a .48kg and the rear is an Eibach 088.250.0500.

Still really happy with the setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konflict Motorsports Suspension   Konflict Motorsports Suspension Empty

Back to top Go down

Konflict Motorsports Suspension
Page 1 of 1