Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GYTR pipe cracked

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
trav72
6 posters
AuthorMessage
trav72

trav72

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:35 am

Does anyone think this can be welded?

Front
GYTR pipe cracked Logan-16

Back
GYTR pipe cracked Logan-17
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:18 am

WTF?! Suspect That shouldn't be doing that...holy crap. I don't think that welding that is going to stop the run that's started on that. Don't quote me on it, but you can try tacking a bead on it and hope it holds. dunno

motokid

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

Hope that's not the result of a "get off" of some kind.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:06 am

SheWolf wrote:
WTF?! Suspect That shouldn't be doing that...holy crap. I don't think that welding that is going to stop the run that's started on that. Don't quote me on it, but you can try tacking a bead on it and hope it holds. dunno

I'm going to have it welded and see what happens.

motokid wrote:
Hope that's not the result of a "get off" of some kind.

My bike has spent some time on its side....in the dirt a while ago. But I didn't have any crashes on my trip. Well, there was one but it wasn't me.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:29 am

It was likely one of your previous spills that started it then the constant vibration made it propagate. I could probably fix that and so could any reputable shop, I hate to say just by looking at pictures. Since this isn't (normally) a part under much stress, you should be good to go once you get someone to weld it.

If you're coming to central PA soon let me know, I'll take a look and maybe get you fixed up.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks for the offer Hertz. I'm going to have someone local take a look at it this week. Where in central PA are you?
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Dave relayed the cracked can to me today. I think the guy at work should be able to weld it, its just matter of will it hold. We shall see.

In the mean time, you have a backup exhaust or plan?
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Cool. It's not like it's a stressed piece so hopefully it will hold.

Backup plan? Well, I still have the stock exhaust. I guess I could have the exup cut out of it. Or, I'll have to buy another exhaust if it doesn't hold.
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:01 pm

dddog
Yah no problem dude..groove the cracks with a cut off wheel/dremel and bead weld..i would then grind the welds and put a small plate on it!I know these things i'm a bodyman,it will work/look and still cheaper to fix thumb
peace
john
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 pm

State College area.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:46 pm

The pipe is being welded as we speak. I'll try and post of pics when it's finished. Hopefully it will be good to go and hold up at least the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm

The pipe is all welded up. The welder put some pretty beefy welds on it. Once I have it installed with the exhaust cover, you won't even be able to see it. Not bad for 20 bucks.

GYTR pipe cracked Img-2018
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:57 pm

thumb
NICE job..those lookin' like some sound welds.great cheap fix!!eh'
RIP IT UP YO!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GYTR pipe cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR pipe cracked   GYTR pipe cracked Empty

Back to top Go down

GYTR pipe cracked
Page 1 of 1