Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Random riding feats

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
shredak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shredak

Random riding feats Empty
PostSubject: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Today I did a hill climb that can only be described as sick nasty, second gear pinned moving at walking speed up a 55+ degree muddy slope for about 60-80 yards without any room for a run in. 2/3 of the way up I got stuck and stalled out...... got turned slightly across hill then got a running start and hopped on finished the run without a hiccup. I am pretty stoked about getting started again, turning around would have been a disaster.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:07 am

Going down in mud is pretty freaky, no doubt. eeek

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Defeat?   Random riding feats EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:26 pm

I wished it was a feat...or I had two extra ones. baldy

I went for a ride today out on the road, and headed to a bridge I know well that is right off the highway where I can park the bike right next to it and sit on the riverbank and watch the fish jump. Well, I got to the spot and made my way off the road and onto the side, going in between the concrete dividers and the side of the hill. Everything was fine until I went to put the bike closer to the bridge and I hit a really loose, deep chunk of shit. The front wheel dove down into it, which was no biggie, but then it collided with a half buried boulder that stopped the bike dead and sent me catapulting over the handlebars and down a bank covered in large boulder into the river below. It blew the beak off my lid and when I went back up the bank to upright my ride, I noticed that when the bike fell over after ejecting me, the clevis on the rear brake was squashed after being flattened against another half buried boulder. Friggin weeds covering up that shit... so I headed home and within a few miles I get pulled over by the cops. They were informing me that I left the scene of an accident... eeek Uh, yeah...MINE. OFF ROAD. I bet it was those two hippies that had walked past after I had taken my flying lesson and never bothered to see if I needed help. After explaining what had happened, the cop told me to make the rest of the trip home safe and have a cold beer. budah

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Sounds like "OUCH"

any visible injuries? *pat pat*
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Well...definite color beginning to show in places and spots that weren't hurting sure are now. eeek I think I bruised a couple of ribs, my hip, my shoulder...maybe a kidney cause it hurts like stink to pee. It's all on the right side. Kinda hurt when I ate supper too, like right around my lower belly. Good thing I have to go see the doctor tomorrow.Random riding feats Freak_anim

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Speedy recovery my friend...

sounds like you need a kidney belt.... *pat pat*
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:27 pm

That's great if I hadn't landed ON the rock...my Troy Lee has one built right into the armor.

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Must be a bad day for mothers on two wheels. I just got off the phone with my mom and she fell off her bicycle this afternoon. Hurt her arm and bruised a few ribs as far as I can tell by talking to her. But I'm no doctor. She was in a bit of pain and may go get some X-rays at the ER. Last year on Mother's Day she broke her toe. I told her to stay home next year!! Hope you're feeling better Wolfie.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Oh, Gee folks, this is sounding like a bad weekend. And I thought my get-off with the sore shoulder and cracked ribs followed by the flat was bad. You folks are going for full brinkmanship. eeek Maybe it wasn't mother's day weekend but WR dumping day.

Good thing the weekend is over so everyone can have a rest.

dutch I raise my glass of wine in toast: Good luck to all on their healing.
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:43 am

Well if it makes you guys feel better, I took the little WRR on a good expedition on Friday and Saturday. Yes I am still convinced this bike ROCKS! ~650 miles in under 36 hours, a couple black diamonds, night time forrest service road run, slab, back roads, and didn't even air down or take off the mirrors. A couple hill climbs that I needed a good run in 2nd, but this little bugger just pulled!

I'll post some pics soon. Tired...

Oh yeah, it is still bone stock. Rear tire is getting pretty shagged, now though...
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:55 am

thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random riding feats   Random riding feats Empty

Back to top Go down

Random riding feats
Page 1 of 1