Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skierd

learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels Empty
PostSubject: learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels   learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:00 am

If all goes according to plan, my R will get an X change next weekend.

Having a hell of a time understanding the sea of different tires out there. With knobs its pretty easy to tell what a tire is designed for, just look at the tread and it usually makes sense. I'm seeing that street bike tires tend to cost a bit more than knobs... do they at least last longer too?

Any recommendations that doesn't require spending $100+ per wheel? I'm not an aggressive street rider, I've only overcooked a corner two or three times with knobs for example, so I don't need the stickiest thing on the planet. I ride in all weather. I ride a lot too, ~15k-20k miles a year, so good wear is important. I'm not going to be on anything gnarlier than a forest road or a gravel road unless I decide to ride 100+ miles to do it, therefore I feel a more street oriented tire is fine.

Halp?
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels   learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:52 am

After what I have read in the tire portion of the forum I have decided that when the stockers wear out I am going to go with the Shinko 705s. The thing I like about these tires is they are 80% street and 20% dirt, also they are relatively cheap. As far as wear goes I couldnt answer that ones, but with them being so inexpensive replacing them wouldnt hurt too much. Just my $.02. thumb
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels   learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:56 am

I love me sum Distanzia's and I feel they have great wear too. Me and my bro run them!

learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels DSC00662-1

learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels IMG_0355
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels   learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 am

little squirt wrote:
I love me sum Distanzia's and I feel they have great wear too. Me and my bro run them!

learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels DSC00662-1

learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels IMG_0355

Very clean bikes man. Went with a BT-003 on the rear and plan to replace with distanzias when the stock front and the new rear go out. Just out of curiosity, how well do these hold up in ripping hard, high-speed turns? I do basically 100% of my riding for the time being on the street and save my high speed antics for the weekends on twisty backroads. My plan was to have the same level of street performance with some off road capability mixed in.
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels   learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 am

from what i have read, those are the tires to go with for what you describe.

ive read of guys going from the track, to the fire road with them with no complaints.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels   learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 3:29 am

Distanzia's better be nice for the $300 they want for a set. I'm hoping to spend half that frankly. The tires are smaller than the dirt tires I'm used to buying, why are they more expensive? GAHHHH I think I'm going to try a set of the Shinko 705's this time around...

What tubes are you guys running on the X's too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels   learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

learn me some street and light DS tires for x wheels
Page 1 of 1