Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X stock Tires BT090

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WolfpackFBNS

WR250X stock Tires BT090 Empty
PostSubject: WR250X stock Tires BT090   WR250X stock Tires BT090 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 am

I just wanted to give some info about the stock tires. I bought the bike new in January and use it for commuting. I have around 3600 miles on the bike and the BT090 tires are still on the bike. The middle was wore down at around 3000 but I’m still using it until the replacement tire comes in. I did take the bike to Deals Gap for a week and got the edges of the tires wore down. I never had any issues with the tires loosing traction in any turn or situation. So if you are looking for a good performance tire then I would say it’s pretty good but would probably try other brands too. For commuting I would recommend trying a tire with a different compound. I am going to try the BT45 Battleax’s by Bridgestone and see how they do.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

WR250X stock Tires BT090 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X stock Tires BT090   WR250X stock Tires BT090 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:16 am

nfraged wrote:
I just wanted to give some info about the stock tires. I bought the bike new in January and use it for commuting. I have around 3600 miles on the bike and the BT090 tires are still on the bike. The middle was wore down at around 3000 but I’m still using it until the replacement tire comes in. I did take the bike to Deals Gap for a week and got the edges of the tires wore down. I never had any issues with the tires loosing traction in any turn or situation. So if you are looking for a good performance tire then I would say it’s pretty good but would probably try other brands too. For commuting I would recommend trying a tire with a different compound. I am going to try the BT45 Battleax’s by Bridgestone and see how they do.
+1 thumb
I changed to BT45, seems OK so far. Rear tyre was good for 4500 miles - the front has now done 6500 miles, & is starting to wear quite weirdly. The centre tread is fine, as are the outer shoulders, but the portions immediately either side of centre are wearing to an almost flat/triagular profile. I doubt it will last twice the rear (i.e. 9000 miles). As the legal UK limit is 1mm across 75% of tread, I think I will need to change the front in the next 1500 niles or so. Also, I measured the rear width at 148mm, despite being a 140 tyre. This caused quite bad chain rub, until I tightened the chain. I hope the chain is now not too tight!!
BT45 grip is fine for a middle-aged hooligan - I suspect something more sticky would be required for our younger contributors.....
Back to top Go down

WR250X stock Tires BT090
Page 1 of 1