Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?

Go down 
+2
GusinCA
FG250WRR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FG250WRR

FG250WRR

I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? Empty
PostSubject: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi fan's of WRR

Using WRR only on off road and know i' v stopped regional competition 46 years it's more quiet in the head....
I decided to keep all stock exhaust system for tdiferents reasons:

-In france we got a lambdaprobe: just near the Exup system and there's not a lot exhaust with a special wole for it.and in my understanding it's for regulate and calculate the best injection for my WRR .
-Exup system: in relation with the electronic systeme it will give me a add power at "low level" because honestly i will not use full power of the WRR each minute when i ride,i'm not a ex-crossman juste a "poireau" or "enduriste" like we say in France.
- Add noises provide too many problems with people,and we must be discreet because hard green boys and law lobbying try to kill our passion.

Thoses reasons seems to be conservatives, but in fact, they are more pragmatics.
To finish thaks for all post of you,quality of them,
i like this forum, and make me pardon for my bad english !
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:46 pm

I have met several people who tell me that removing the EXUP system has made the low end less powerful.

I also agree with the quiet is king theory.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:21 am

C'est Dancamp qui doit respondez a votre message.

Mais... votre Englais es bien meilleur a notre Francais. Continuez posting!

Well... that's my best shot after four glasses of 151 proof rum (snowed again last night). Hey... it's been 20 years. At least I was able to speak Francais well enough to help the Van Doos avoid stepping on mines 20 years ago!

And put me down as another who would be riding an electric, noiseless motorcycle if anyone made one with a reasonable range at a reasonable price tage.
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 pm

My last three fill-ups netted me 71 MPG each time, give-or-take a couple of tenths. The WR250R/X is amazing. I would never screw with the tuning of this engine. In regards to the electric bikes, the real killer for me was not so much the range, which does need improvement, but more so the glacial pace of charging the batteries back up. Over-night is one thing but what about the middle of the day?
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 pm

i kept the stock exhaust and exup as well, although i modified the stock can for some more flow (and to remove the cat) also modded the airbox a bit.

power at freeway speeds is much better now!
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 pm

FG250WRR wrote:
Hi fan's of WRR

Using WRR only on off road and know i' v stopped regional competition 46 years it's more quiet in the head....
I decided to keep all stock exhaust system for tdiferents reasons:

-In france we got a lambdaprobe: just near the Exup system and there's not a lot exhaust with a special wole for it.and in my understanding it's for regulate and calculate the best injection for my WRR .
-Exup system: in relation with the electronic systeme it will give me a add power at "low level" because honestly i will not use full power of the WRR each minute when i ride,i'm not a ex-crossman juste a "poireau" or "enduriste" like we say in France.
- Add noises provide too many problems with people,and we must be discreet because hard green boys and law lobbying try to kill our passion.

Thoses reasons seems to be conservatives, but in fact, they are more pragmatics.
To finish thaks for all post of you,quality of them,
i like this forum, and make me pardon for my bad english !

Your English is much better than my French!

No mods here either... thank you. thumb

Noise will be the excuse for banning, first motos, then anything that goes off pavement or uses gasoline.
Back to top Go down
FG250WRR

FG250WRR

PostSubject: Re: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:13 am

C'est Dancamp qui doit respondez a votre message.

Mais... votre Englais es bien meilleur a notre Francais. Continuez posting!

Well... that's my best shot after four glasses of 151 proof rum (snowed again last night). Hey... it's been 20 years. At least I was able to speak Francais well enough to help the Van Doos avoid stepping on mines 20 years ago!

And put me down as another who would be riding an electric, noiseless motorcycle if anyone made one with a reasonable range at a reasonable price tage.

Normaly for french gy it's "Pastis 51 with four glasses" glad to see u always in life after mines action with regiment Van doos ( just for some ignorant it's a canadian regiment uniq fluid in french language,if u don't speak french u can't be there;Again a french exceptionnal cultural !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?   I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ? Empty

Back to top Go down

I Keep my EXUP system and stock exhaust WHY ?
Page 1 of 1