Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

too much handlebar vibrations

Go down 
+7
X-Racer
mordicai
edteamslr
Walter Matthau
Six8
YZEtc
NorgeWR2X
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NorgeWR2X

too much handlebar vibrations Empty
PostSubject: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am

hi there, so with stock grips and bar, cruising at 65mph my throttle hand gets a lot of vibrations. sometimes i had to hold the throttle with just my fingers and not my palm to relieve the discomfort. what can dampen the vibrations a bit? better grips (what brand)?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Try removing the throttle grip/plastic throttle tube, smear some regular ol' motor oil on the handlebar, and put it back together.
This helps damp the tingly vibes as well as lubricate the throttle grip.
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:15 pm

I put on a set of vibronators, new grips, and added aluminum bars

Then I found out I had Carpol tunnel GAHHHH

I did a lot of dualsport test rides even a BMW 800GS
the WR250R was the smoothest of the bunch...

So you might want to get your hands tested
mine was diagnosed with a "nerve condution test".

Six8 Canuckistani
Back to top Go down
Walter Matthau

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Rebound grips, baby!

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=rebound+grips&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7747645631084323561&sa=X&ei=5SEBTp6HF8L4qQGGstHVDw&ved=0CCcQ8wIwAw

Didn't think they'd make that much difference, but rode 2 hours last Saturday, with no tingling afterwards. A month earlier, I felt the vibes all day long.

And they match the bike...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 pm

I was having my hands go to sleep frequently when I first started riding my WRR and then I started balancing my own tires. Magic. No more tingling here either. Huge difference.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 am

I've been having a fair bit of issue with vibrations on the WR. In the end I started using the bar-end weights from a DRZ400. Much better but the issue now is which handguards to use. I've brought my Acerbis guards but it takes a bit of 'bodging' to make them fit with the weights.

I don't remember the WR being vibey but I put it to bed last winter and by the time I'd done the spring pre-flight maintenance, it seemed to vibrate much too much. I couldn't for the life of me rememeber if I'd changed anything but the vibes are here to stay now..
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:44 am

What a weird topic this is. I am constantly amazed at how Yamaha managed to make such a smooth running thumper. The smoothest thumper I've ever owned.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:02 am

Tttrrrrrrrryyyy riiiidddiingnggg oneeee off myyyy LLllllcccccc44444 KKKKTTTTMMMMMs andddd thheennnn wweeeelllll taaaaallllkk vvviiiibbbrrrraaaattttiiiooonnn.

If I was Bond, (James Bond), I'd go for the "Stirred" martini.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am

And a bikini... Very happy

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:35 pm

While your hand is nub you could pretend it's a stranger !!!

No videos or pictures
Back to top Go down
RichardU

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:45 pm

ddvorak wrote:
I was having my hands go to sleep frequently when I first started riding my WRR and then I started balancing my own tires. Magic. No more tingling here either. Huge difference.

Maybe that's the difference. I've never felt vibrations on my WR or my DRZ, but I balance my own tires as well.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:39 pm

SheWolf wrote:
And a bikini... Very happy

Yes... ...but I like my bikinis "shaken". * thinking I could mount the tini-bikini on the KTM and do both shaking and stirring *

poser2 Look ma no hands !
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Oury road grips are the best, I hated the stock grips
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:27 am

mordicai wrote:
What a weird topic this is. I am constantly amazed at how Yamaha managed to make such a smooth running thumper. The smoothest thumper I've ever owned.

If you read my post I think that something has caused this, I just don't know what. I must make a point of replying to all the breakdown threads with "nope, mine's still fine". That would be really helpful.

I also balance all my tyres properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: too much handlebar vibrations   too much handlebar vibrations Empty

Back to top Go down

too much handlebar vibrations
Page 1 of 1