Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Power loss in higher gears

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rokklym

Power loss in higher gears Empty
PostSubject: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 pm

So here is my story, got a 2009 WR250R a while back and only rode it about 200 miles before I started modifying it. I added an FMF Q4, and Power Programmer and then rode it like that a while. One day while riding up a steep long hill I had it in fifth and it felt like it died so I pulled in the clutch and was able to rev it up and continue. Then I did a several hundred mile dual sport ride with no issues. Last Friday I had it happen to me 2 or three times, usually in 4th-6th gears with out much of a load on the bike.

So tonight I did the AIS removal and flapper fix and took it out for a ride and it did it again. Just cruising along and just bogs down.

Any ideas? Power commander (actually FMF Power Programmer) is still in its stock settings

2009 with less than 1000 miles on it.

Last edited by rokklym on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Well, considering the mods you've done and you've got the PC, I'd be getting off those stock settings because the bike is anything but stock, now. Just my thoughts. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 pm

I will try that first. It sounded like it came stocks set up for their optimal settings assuming you had exhaust and airbox mods done. Who knows, maybe I just imagined that! I will try to research the PC and see about trying some other settings first.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Usually when the power programmer comes from the factory, it's usually for a stock bike, no mods. I'm not familiar with the PC, but a few of the inmates here have it and should be able to help. thumb

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:24 am

Yes the PC comes set up for a stock bike, if it's bogging it must be extremely lean
I have similar mods and use the rustycg61 map (I think that's what it's called) I tried a few different ones and it was the best
Back to top Go down
rokklym

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 am

Anyone know where to find the instructions on how to change the settings? I had them but now I see they aren't there anymore.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 am

rokklym wrote:
Anyone know where to find the instructions on how to change the settings? I had them but now I see they aren't there anymore.

Which PC do you have?

III or V?

Don't most PC models require a downloaded "map" from a computer which is then transfered to PC via USB?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rokklym

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 pm

I have the FMF Power Programmer.

A buddy of mine changed the settings on it this afternoon. First we tried 3,5,0.5,8,4,4 but it seemed a little doggy so we tried 3.5,4.5,1.5,8,4,4.5 and it seemed better. Of course like most problems you can't replicate the problem when you want to so I guess this will just be a test.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:29 pm

rokklym wrote:

A buddy of mine changed the settings on it this afternoon. First we tried 3,5,0.5,8,4,4 but it seemed a little doggy so we tried 3.5,4.5,1.5,8,4,4.5 and it seemed better. Of course like most problems you can't replicate the problem when you want to so I guess this will just be a test.

poser2

There's a looooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg thread on FmF style programmer settings.

click here <-- clicky

You might find some good info there for your mods and conditions.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Quote :
Any ideas? Power commander is still in its stock settings

Quote :

Power Commander not the same as Power Programmer Power loss in higher gears 9356
Back to top Go down
rokklym

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:59 pm

motokid wrote:

There's a looooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg thread on FmF style programmer settings.

click here <-- clicky

You might find some good info there for your mods and conditions.

Yep, that is where I looked to find some settings to try.
Back to top Go down
rokklym

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

ramz wrote:
Quote :
Any ideas? Power commander is still in its stock settings

Quote :

Power Commander not the same as Power Programmer Power loss in higher gears 9356

Yeah I was a bit out of it last night when I posted the thread. It is the FMF Power Programmer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power loss in higher gears   Power loss in higher gears Empty

Back to top Go down

Power loss in higher gears
Page 1 of 1