Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

nevermind, i fixed it... Radiator Fan power?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rodney

nevermind, i fixed it... Radiator Fan power? Empty
PostSubject: nevermind, i fixed it... Radiator Fan power?   nevermind, i fixed it... Radiator Fan power? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 am

*EDIT* when i got home, i assembled the bike and ran it. fan works properly. it is opposite then automotive fans, as the fan gets 12v sent to it to turn it on, vs grounding the fan to turn it on.

hey all, i am having fan problems. my relay burnt up, and burnt up the connector. i replaced the relay and patched the connector.

here is where i need assistance. if you can check the blue wire to your fan, with the key on, please see if you have 12v to the blue wire. i do not think the bike needs to be running, but i do not have 12v to that wire key on running or not.

the manual is a little cryptic in this area, and it is my understanding that key on, the fan receives 12v, and the temp sensor completes the circuit, ie grounds the fan thus turning it on. i have 12v to the relay on the power side, and when turning on the key, the switch side of the relay is turned on. i do not get power to the exit side f the realy, which i think is the + wire going to the fan (blue) with key on, running or not.

i need to make sure this is normal before i put the bike back together, i don't wanna burn this cute little motor up.... budah
Back to top Go down

nevermind, i fixed it... Radiator Fan power?
Page 1 of 1