Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

OOPS! KPH vs MPH

Go down 
+2
mordicai
zestymac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zestymac

zestymac

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Filled the tank this am and went to set the trip odo. Somehow my fat fingers reset the unit to Kilometers per hour....Tried a few button combos, holding for more than two seconds and even consulted the manual..No luck

Anybody know a tried and true reset method?

Let me know if it's just easier to move to Europe?

baldy
Back to top Go down
mordicai

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 pm

No your screwed. Once you change it , its for life! Go back to your Owners Manual and try again. Nobodys going to be able to explain it better then that book.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: 4-4   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:47 pm

zestymac wrote:
Filled the tank this am and went to set the trip odo. Somehow my fat fingers reset the unit to Kilometers per hour....Tried a few button combos, holding for more than two seconds and even consulted the manual..No luck

Anybody know a tried and true reset method?

Let me know if it's just easier to move to Europe?

baldy
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 pm

It's back, but more by magic than procedure. I cant explain what I did to reset it.... I guess I'm just an analog guy in a digital world... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Akasy

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: 4-4   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 pm

zestymac wrote:
It's back, but more by magic than procedure. I cant explain what I did to reset it.... I guess I'm just an analog guy in a digital world... Rolling Eyes

page 4-4
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:20 pm

No page 4-4 in my manual

I consulted 3-5 to 3-8 in the WR25XX(C) manual...The one I have
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:05 am

On mine you just hold the select 2 button down for a couple seconds to toggle back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: 4-4 2010 Manual   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:32 am

With the key on...."To switch the speedometer and odometer\tripmeter displays between kilometers and miles, press the "select 2" button until the display changes......" should remain in the desired mode when the key is turned on and off.
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:14 am

Akasy wrote:
With the key on...."To switch the speedometer and odometer\tripmeter displays between kilometers and miles, press the "select 2" button until the display changes......" should remain in the desired mode when the key is turned on and off.

Timely subject. Very happy

I had to dig out the manual cause the display switched from to kpH when I plugged in my Speedo DRD.

Toggled as the instructions in the manual says and all is well.

Oh, and the Speedo DRD works the nuts. Couldn't be any easier to use and BOTH the speedo and odometer/trip odometer seem to be spot on. thumb Another worthwhile product. (shameless plug for 12 o'clock labs).
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:40 am

Press Select 2 for a couple of seconds to toggle - works whilst you're moving also, but this can become confusing....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOPS! KPH vs MPH   OOPS! KPH vs MPH Empty

Back to top Go down

OOPS! KPH vs MPH
Page 1 of 1