Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Popping AIS removal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
carby

carby

Popping AIS removal Empty
PostSubject: Popping AIS removal   Popping AIS removal EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:43 pm

So I decided to pull some smog and noise abatement gubbins off the bike this weekend. The AIS is a good place to start.
I thought I'd see what difference it would make before I ripped it all off and simply disconnected the plug and took it for a quick blat.

It popped like a cracker every time I closed the throttle! Kind of fun the first few miles but annoying after a while.
I have a Yoshi pipe which is LOUD for urban riding in my opinion and I'd like to not give the rozzers an excuse to ping me for noise.

So the AIS will stay on the bike, I'll go for a jog and a loose the 500gms it would have lightened the bike.

I didn't hesitate tearing the flapper diaphram out and gluing it down though....much better. thumb

Question is: would removing the AIS and blanking the port stop the pops, was it simply the air still being drawn unregulated into the port when I just unplugged it?
Back to top Go down

Popping AIS removal
Page 1 of 1