Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Had a close one yesterday....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Had a close one yesterday.... Empty
PostSubject: Had a close one yesterday....   Had a close one yesterday.... EmptySat May 16, 2009 11:13 am

Was buzzing around downtown on my way to a local dealership to shop for some new gloves. Made a left turn onto a street and hit the apex a little too close and ended up hitting the curb with my front wheel while leaned over at about 50 km/h (30mp/h). Tire climbs the curb, which then sends me into a violent headshake while my left foot is now getting slammed off the peg by the same curb. I'm not sure quite how I did it but I managed to stay on without running into the next lane. Suspect

If I had been on my ZRX1200, I know I wouldn't have been so lucky but then again I probably wouldn't have been cutting the corner so close as the ZRX dooesn't turn anything like the X . I was sure I must have bent a wheel but amazingly, I can't find any damage and it rides the same as before. If I hadn't been wearing good boots, I'm sure I would have done some damage there as well but good gear let me keep going. thumb

That was my first close call of the season. I can now do my yearly pilgramage to the northern mountains of Georgia next week feeling like I've got that out of the way for the year. wink
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Had a close one yesterday....   Had a close one yesterday.... EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:40 pm

That sound's like one of those times where you take a quick look around and make sure no one saw it
You need them sometimes just to remind you what a lapse in concentration can do to you, Riding is always Practice
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Had a close one yesterday....   Had a close one yesterday.... EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:54 pm

0007onWR wrote:
That sound's like one of those times where you take a quick look around and make sure no one saw it

In the traffic I was in, I know a lot of people saw it. But the way I composed myself and rolled up to the next light like nothing happened while my heart was beating a million times a minute, I'm not sure how many might of them thought I meant to do it. Rolling Eyes Very happy
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Had a close one yesterday....   Had a close one yesterday.... EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:19 pm

I almost T-boned my buddy at a track night when I tried to outbrake him coming into a corner. It wasn't pretty but no harm, no foul. dutch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a close one yesterday....   Had a close one yesterday.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Had a close one yesterday....
Page 1 of 1