Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Took a spill yesterday

Go down 
+4
kingsquid
IAmABug
mr-cave
masterjl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
masterjl

Took a spill yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 am

I have a 2008 wr250x pretty much bone stock
So I do the same 6 mile ride every day.
It was about 37 degrees out, bike was only about 2 minutes warm, The heated grips were hot enough to start going, I took a turn on the bike after maybe 20 feet going 10miles and hour and all of a sudden I'm high siding my bike. The rear tire completely lost traction as if i was backing it in.

Only damage was a bent clutch lever

Now it feels as if the bike just doesn't lean as it used to.

What could of gone out of position that would make the bike feel sloppier than fat chick in a Bacon fat bath?

Bars are not bent, didn't even shift, the foot peg hit the frame but no damage there. my tires aren't worn.

I've fallen before on dirt but never on pavement, the bike just feels like it wobbles in turns now Like the back slides and the front dives into the turns.

I take my hands off the bars and the bike rides straight as an arrow, my riding position hasn't changed in 3 years

any insight? baldy topes

Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 am

Sometimes the fork is a bit twisted after a hit like that.
So check if the front wheel lines up properly.
Loosening frontwheel bolt and spin the wheel and hit the brakes real hard is a old trick for lining the front wheel up.
Check the wheel again and then tighten everything up.

Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 am

You could also loosen the triple clamp bolts. I have had the fork tubes twist in their as well.Although, by doing the front wheel it should be the same thing. Can't hurt to do both.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:21 pm

I took a real low speed fall and an old motocross buddy of mine said the forks are twisted in the top triple clamp ONLY. I ask you guys, how is this possible?? Nothing looks bent or twisted, yet the right side of the bars now feel lower. scratch
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Confidence issue?
Back to top Go down
masterjl

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:56 pm

pbnut wrote:
Confidence issue?
dunno

I'm thinking it might be the same. But i'm still going to check out the suggestions above and make sure everything is straight. It's shitty how a little rattle and now i feel like i'm going down on every lean.

Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:03 pm

check your tire psi,bar clamps and forks.
Back to top Go down
MOTO134

MOTO134

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 am

i think your tires were too cold gotta heat them puppies up in cold weather
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:38 am

I'd be way shocked if a 10 mph spill on a supermoto would tweak the suspension.

Did you hit ice perhaps? Sand? Something foreign on the road that might have caused your back tire to step out?

"Bike won't lean as far as it used to" just sounds like a fear/lack of confidence issue. (as posted above)

What psi you running in your tires?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took a spill yesterday   Took a spill yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Took a spill yesterday
Page 1 of 1