Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lynx fairing on R - Questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matttys

matttys

Lynx fairing on R - Questions Empty
PostSubject: Lynx fairing on R - Questions   Lynx fairing on R - Questions EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:52 am

I'm looking to add the Lynx fairing to my WR-R and I'm worried that the added height of the screen will cause head shake without a steering dampener. I have a custom bracket on my bike that holds 2 driving lights above the stock headlight and I modded an aftermarket (tall) F650 Dakar windscreen that I had in the parts pile. The bike wanted to shake all over the place (with the screen being mounted to the forks and not the frame like on the F650), but I will admit that the screen was a bit tall on the WR-R.

Can anyone comment on any stability issues that may arise when doing this mod?
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Sorry, slightly off post but similar   Lynx fairing on R - Questions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 am

I did this to mine (because it was cheaper than the Lynx) and it does increase the inertia of the steering through the bars. It might make it slap more in the rough stuff but I took it off before I left for my Russia trip. The little bike doesn't "need" heavier/complex additions over the front end (it feels like enough of a roadbike as it is).

IMG00499-20110412-0757
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Lynx fairing on R - Questions   Lynx fairing on R - Questions EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:32 am

matttys wrote:
I'm looking to add the Lynx fairing to my WR-R and I'm worried that the added height of the screen will cause head shake without a steering dampener. I have a custom bracket on my bike that holds 2 driving lights above the stock headlight and I modded an aftermarket (tall) F650 Dakar windscreen that I had in the parts pile. The bike wanted to shake all over the place (with the screen being mounted to the forks and not the frame like on the F650), but I will admit that the screen was a bit tall on the WR-R.

Can anyone comment on any stability issues that may arise when doing this mod?

I have a few thousand miles on mine all over the place on everything from tight nasty single track to slab. no stability issues.

I just finished a 1560 mile trip and was very grateful to have it. One of my best mods to date.

My installthread is here somewhere.

My ride report is on advrider.com.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Lynx fairing on R - Questions   Lynx fairing on R - Questions EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Well it's on order so I will report back with my findings. . .
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Lynx fairing on R - Questions   Lynx fairing on R - Questions EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:43 am

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. Which lights did you go with?
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Lynx fairing on R - Questions   Lynx fairing on R - Questions EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Just the standard lights. I'm OK with HID on a road bike, but I want to be able to replace it if it goes out. Plus I have (2) 10w LED lights that are much brighter that I'll put on if this isn't enough.
Back to top Go down
garbo91

garbo91

PostSubject: lynx for wrr   Lynx fairing on R - Questions EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:14 pm

if anyone is wondering I emailed Ian about the Lynx for out bikes not the Lynx R here is the response:

Hi,

I’m sorry that the original Lynx for the WR is discontinued now. It looks like any other Lynx model, but it was actually a different mold to fit the WR and when it got worn out we didn’t replace it because the orders had dried up when the R became available.

I know looks are an individual thing, but the Lynx R is a much better fairing all round and particularly on the WR where the original was a bit of a pain to fit. Actually, the original Lynx on all models will shortly discontinue as the sales have virtually stopped as we brought more Lynx R models into production these past few months.

Regards
Ian Banbury
Britannia Composites Ltd

Lynx R it is then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lynx fairing on R - Questions   Lynx fairing on R - Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Lynx fairing on R - Questions
Page 1 of 1