Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications? Empty
PostSubject: Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications?   Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 pm

hello all!

I'm a proud and happy new owner of the wr250r, especially since I got the last one in the whole province here in Italy as they are not imported here anymore for 2011.

Anyway I've been reading a lot about racks and would like personal feedback. I NEED a rack that doesn't require ANY form of modifications. No drilling, no welding, no filing, on either the frame or the plastic.

So far I found the nomadic rack which states no modifications are required, but I would like to know if someone from first hand experience can confirm this? What are racks do you know that wouldn't require any mods?

Frame and plastics have to stay as it is otherwise my dad will rip my head off baldy

Thanks for any suggestions and feedback!
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications?   Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Rear fender plastic is only $22. Every rack I've seen, including the one from Yamaha, requires drilling through that fender.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications?   Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 pm

There's one that ppl got off of eBay that didn't require any drilling.

Here. <--click me! Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications? 61865

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications?   Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:03 am

deerHater wrote:
Rear fender plastic is only $22. Every rack I've seen, including the one from Yamaha, requires drilling through that fender.

That may be so in the US but the bike isn't imported here anymore so if I wanted to buy a new fender plastic i'd probably have to dish out well over 100 euro.

@ SheWolf:

That's the nomadic rack that I saw as well. Looks pretty nice and the website says its recommended at 10 pounds but can take more. So 15-20 pounds should still be a safe load.

Anybody have any first hand experience with the rack? is it worth the 100 dollars?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications?   Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear rack that doesn't require ANY modifications?
Page 1 of 1