Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Blew a tire in the middle of a trail

Go down 
+12
Akasy
NorgeWR2X
playwme
KLRchickie
X-Racer
gatorfan
Mikechicago
aaronhall555
trav72
motokid
Jäger
BoredAzHell20
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
trav72

trav72

Blew a tire in the middle of a trail - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blew a tire in the middle of a trail   Blew a tire in the middle of a trail - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:53 am

Excellent! Those Motion Pro tools are nice but a little over priced. Nice job!

twday wrote:

Blew a tire in the middle of a trail - Page 2 Wrench10
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Blew a tire in the middle of a trail   Blew a tire in the middle of a trail - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Just last week I sheared the valve stem off on the front of my dirt wheeled X. Running 606's at 14 psi, no rim locks. Wasn't far on the trail and rode it out. I think the big X brake / disc had something to do with it as just previously to going back on to the trail , I was hard braking on a gravel / dirt road.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Blew a tire in the middle of a trail   Blew a tire in the middle of a trail - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm

I recently did my very first motorcycle tube change (rear) on the trail due to a nail. I always carry the necessary tools, trail stand, and front tube. The whole thing took about 30 minutes, not bad for the first time and in the dirt.

How does that saying go? "In life, you take the test first, then learn the lesson."

When I got home, I pulled the spare front tube out of the rear tire and put in a proper rear size tube.
Last week I put on a newish rear. While doing that, I pinched the tube. So I got to do it twice.
I just nailed the front tire on the street and will be replacing that tube tonight.

So after years of motorcycling with no flats and dealer tire changes, I find myself doing 5 tire changes in the space of 2 weeks. What gives?
The moral of the story is that this is now one more maintenance thing on my Do-It-Yourself list.

I haven't bought off on weight balancing yet, trying Dyna Beads. I may be lucky or insensitive, but don't feel like I have a balance problem up to 70 MPH.
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

PostSubject: Re: Blew a tire in the middle of a trail   Blew a tire in the middle of a trail - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Can you turn the 27mm tool sideways... so we can see what profile you ground ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blew a tire in the middle of a trail   Blew a tire in the middle of a trail - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blew a tire in the middle of a trail
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2