Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Southern California Canyon Ride

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Striper19

Striper19

Southern California Canyon Ride Empty
PostSubject: Southern California Canyon Ride   Southern California Canyon Ride EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Hey guys I want to setup a ride for Southern California riders. The ride will be on a week day (Tues - Thurs), start in the late morning (10-11ish), and ride any variations of Highway 2 (Los Angeles Crest Highway), GMR (Glendora Moutain Road), ect. Meeting place would be determined based on our route.

I went this past saturday with my buddies on their KTM's and things didnt go so great.... HWY 2 was crowded and CHP was out in force, GMR had a Hazmat spill..... I got alot of freeway riding in YAY baldy

On the ride I saw several WR's and KTM supermotos so I know some of those guys have to be on this forum and are reading this post. Lets hook something up!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Southern California Canyon Ride   Southern California Canyon Ride EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 pm

We did this two weeks ago with a small crew (4).

Went up Thursday, camped at Chilao (About half-way up).

Riding mid-week is definitely a better plan.

See post # 1078 here:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?84431-anyone-in-southbay-cali/page22

Videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtdPpSKTwS8&feature=feedu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJQDH-1aEk&feature=feedu

The only bummer was riding the bottom in the afternoon when there was commuter traffic. We avoided that.

Camping was nice. We didn't rush on the rides and we BBQ'd, hung out, drank beers.

Sixty (end-to-end) , non-stop twisty, miles (except for two road repairs that were in work) is great. End-to-end and riding there and back (from wherever you are) would be less enjoyable (IMO).

We stopped and lunched and had a beer in Wrightwood. Rode a casual pace. It was great.

Let me know. Maybe I'll go... Probably truck the SuMo (If I don't sell it this week), or the WR (or maybe another bike).

There were some BIG ROCKS on the road. ...not sure if they show in the videos or not.
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

PostSubject: Re: Southern California Canyon Ride   Southern California Canyon Ride EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Mid-Week riding is the best..... Less traffic, Less CHP, ect.

Im off mon-thur every week. Usually take it easy on mondays but im down for anything the rest of the week. PM when you want to ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern California Canyon Ride   Southern California Canyon Ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern California Canyon Ride
Page 1 of 1