Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I got my cherry popped Friday!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rule292

Rule292

I got my cherry popped Friday! Empty
PostSubject: I got my cherry popped Friday!   I got my cherry popped Friday! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Had my first off since I was a kid!

Lowsided on a log that I was trying to sqeeze by. Cliffs, I was going reasonably slow, the trail was a tight singletrack and I'm a wobbly nOOb on a bike. Couldn't get by the log that paralleled the trail so it caught the side of the front tire and then the shifter.

No damage at all to me or the bike. I know my limits so I was geared up with my XD3, Acerbis Cosmo suit, knee/shin guards and boots. The bike didn't even get a scratch when it landed., only a bent shifter from where it caught the log. All I remember is my visor clicking on the mirror on my way off. Very happy

I see why they make the shifter and brake pedals out of steel not aluminum. I just bent the shifter back and continued enjoying a great evening in the woods and riding the culm banks and silt beds. And a beautiful ride through the twisties back home.

Might do a throttle tamer for now to help this greenhorn with the slow speed stuff. After that she's done.

I'm certain there are much better and faster bikes, but this one is perfect for me. Viva the WR! Oops, wasn't it "Viva Montesa"??? I'm showing my age.

Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

I got my cherry popped Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my cherry popped Friday!   I got my cherry popped Friday! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Sounds like fun! I remember my first lay down of the WR a 3rd gear low side on a nice smooth dirt trail. but there has been so many since I stopped counting! The only bike Ive ever owned that I dont mind crashing.
Back to top Go down

I got my cherry popped Friday!
Page 1 of 1