Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HDB Handguards

Go down 
+2
Dancamp
mike7296
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mike7296

HDB Handguards Empty
PostSubject: HDB Handguards   HDB Handguards EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Has anyone ever installed them and if so how do the mirrors work please let me know if you would recommend them I have a stock wrr and looking to change the mirrors and add HG at the same time. Is there a better opt. thanks
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

HDB Handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDB Handguards   HDB Handguards EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 pm

mike7296 wrote:
Has anyone ever installed them and if so how do the mirrors work please let me know if you would recommend them I have a stock wrr and looking to change the mirrors and add HG at the same time. Is there a better opt. thanks

The mirrors are ok but small and as such we can not detail as much what's following us than larger ones. They cover more ground than the stock ones.
Back to top Go down
mattf

HDB Handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDB Handguards   HDB Handguards EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:40 pm

love the handguards but not a huge fan of the mirrors. had to mount the handguards slightly lower than I would have normally just so I could adjust the mirrors so I could see behind me. I usually end up wrapping electrical tape around the mirror and handguard when I tuck them in for trail riding because a few jumps later they tend to start dropping out below the handguard.
Back to top Go down
rmax

HDB Handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDB Handguards   HDB Handguards EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:53 pm

The mirrors work great. I cut a space out of the plastic handguard for a better fit on the mirror. They fold in when hitting brush, trees or even when the bike is completely layed down. I'm getting in the habit of folding them in when I go through narrow singletrack.

HDB Handguards 2011-04-06091337

HDB Handguards 2011-04-06091417
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

HDB Handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDB Handguards   HDB Handguards EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:19 pm

i thought the mirrors were going to be too small for the street but they are fine .. only mirrors i use now

i also cut the shields but instead of the a notched space like rmax did, i just curved them down and just made them shorter .. i originally cut notches but thought the edges were too sharp and not too safe

here is a pic, i also have the integrated turn signals in the shields

HDB Handguards Img_0114
Back to top Go down
Ironbrewer

Ironbrewer

HDB Handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDB Handguards   HDB Handguards EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:23 pm

HDB stuff is incredibly well finished. The WR I'm getting comes with Zeta Handguards and Integrated Blinkers and Mirrors, and I'm still thinking about getting HDB handguards. Paul who owns it is a stand up guy too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HDB Handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDB Handguards   HDB Handguards Empty

Back to top Go down

HDB Handguards
Page 1 of 1