Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need some handguards

Go down 
+3
NAL250R
zestymac
acorn27
7 posters
AuthorMessage
acorn27

acorn27

Need some handguards Empty
PostSubject: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Looking to buy some handguards with the plastic deflectors. Lots out there. What do you like? What's the best bang-for-buck model for the WR250?

thanks.
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Not sure about buck but for bang I like the Cycras with the triple clamp mount. Stout, good fit & finish with little 'modification'...

Oh Yeah....What kind of oil do you like? lurk
Back to top Go down
NAL250R

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Don't know about bang for the buck either. I also have the Cycras with the triple clamp mount and I would say they were just ok as I have managed to bend both handguards and both triple clamp mounts. Not as strong as I thought they would be or as strong as they look. Another thing to consider is the triple clamp mounts will also limit the amount you can rotate the bars front to back. But If you never drop your bike hard they should be fine. I haven't been so lucky.
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 pm

I have Tusk D-Flex...good bang for the buck. I've had them on the last three bikes and they proved to be strong enough.
Back to top Go down
acorn27

acorn27

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Yeah I know this is a old topic beat to death. I did search and found some info but just thought I'd get some fresh opinions.

Good one on the oil comment Zesty, that's another endless type of discussion.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 am

DragonNester wrote:
I have Tusk D-Flex...good bang for the buck. I've had them on the last three bikes and they proved to be strong enough.

I just got the Tusk D-Flex for Christmas. Haven't put them on yet, but definitely the price was right, about half what the Cycra guards cost.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/-/229/1036/-/-/68829/Tusk-D-Flex-Handguards-Blue

Back to top Go down
acorn27

acorn27

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 pm

dmmcd wrote:
DragonNester wrote:

I just got the Tusk D-Flex for Christmas. Haven't put them on yet, but definitely the price was right, about half what the Cycra guards cost.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/-/229/1036/-/-/68829/Tusk-D-Flex-Handguards-Blue

Those Tusk D-Flex look pretty nice for the price. Maybe someday I'll upgrade to the HDB, but for now these might be the ticket.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 pm

I've had Acerbis Rally IIs on all my bikes and I love them...

Flexible enough, yet sturdy. Won't pinch your arm, fingers, wrists off in a bad accident.

Built-in reservoir deflector. Broad wind deflection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 am

I agree that "bang for the buck" on any accessories for these bikes can still be very expensive as we all know baldy But I have fund that the Highway dirt bike handguards were solid has hell! They may be a little pricy but IMO I like to only pay once!!

Here is the link: http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=billet_hg_7%2F8

Goodluck

Doc
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:01 am

I am very pleased with my Bark Buster Storm hand guards.

Need some handguards 7478141062_b8e2428ff0_c

Bang for buck, I would go Tusk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some handguards   Need some handguards Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some handguards
Page 1 of 1