Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota) Empty
PostSubject: New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota)   New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey all! I'm living south of Minneapolis, Minnesota where farm roads, and service roads are everywhere. It all started when my neighbor who had two dual sports (early/mid 90's TW200 and a 2009 KLX250) was looking for a riding partner to escape on the weekends with. No broke-back mountain funny-business, just a good ol time out in god's country. Anyways, I got fed up riding the TW200 WOT while he toys with the throttle. Also, I'm 6'1" and the TW ain't exactly a proper fit. Kinda like riding a pocket bike, if you ask me. Dont get me wrong, it was great for getting a feel for the dirt, but it's not my first choice. Anyways, one thing led to another and I found myself trailering off a like new looking, gently used, '08 WR250R with 3005 miles on it.

Now to just school myself on the ins and outs of the bike and get some miles under my belt.
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: Re: New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota)   New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:30 am

welcome to a sweet ride but you cant blame the neighbor, sounds like just the toy for your area. i wish i had abundant roads like that nearby. just sorry you had to trailer it home cheers
sean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Trailered Ride   New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 am

It was either Trailer the bike home, ride double for 45min. with my neighbor (again, no broke-back mountain stuff) or wait until tuesday to pick it up. And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gone for option 2. Besides, the chain needed some TLC.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota)   New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:54 am

Now you'll be toying with the throttle while your buddy tries to keep up with you!
Back to top Go down
Goosed

PostSubject: Re: New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota)   New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 pm

I have family up there, you will love that bike. Oh and some mods and he will be wanting to upgrade or mod his. Lol! Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota)   New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota) Empty

Back to top Go down

New to Dual Sport and it's the neighbor's fault. (Minnesota)
Page 1 of 1