Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? Empty
PostSubject: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:20 am

I knew the dealer put a pipe and programmer on mine, but I took the seat off the other day and noticed they also removed the flapper servo and screwed the flap down. Did you guy's bikes come stock or did the dealer uncork em?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:01 am

oic0 wrote:
I knew the dealer put a pipe and programmer on mine, but I took the seat off the other day and noticed they also removed the flapper servo and screwed the flap down. Did you guy's bikes come stock or did the dealer uncork em?
Completely stock, and with practically zero chain slack.

Me: That chain is way too tight, especially for a bike with over 10" of suspension travel!!
Dealer: Don't worry, it will loosen up.
Me: Adjust the chain, NOW!

I also called them and asked what they do for the WR250 first service:
Dealer: Oil & filter, balance the carbs.... GAHHHH

I did my own service.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Mine got the chain slack right but whoever set the FMF tuner on it had it set way to rich and they also had 18 - 19psi in the tires. I might let them do the valves at 26k but other than that they wont ever touch it again. Not that I don't trust them, they have some decent mechanics, I'm just not rich enough to pay shop rate for general maintenance.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:58 pm

oic0 wrote:

You bought your bike new? how many miles did it show when you left the dealer?
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 pm

cryptomundo wrote:
oic0 wrote:

You bought your bike new? how many miles did it show when you left the dealer?

11 miles, a leftover 09. They told me it had been test driven a few times but people kept buying DRZs instead. Guess they hopped it up to try and move it? give it a better shot against the DRZs? Big dealership with kawa, yami, and zuki.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 pm

seems like to me most dealers wouldnt mess around much with a new bike unless someone asks them to .. i guess it just depends on the dealer and the characters working there ..

so its came with FMF pipe and programmer? stock header? have you looked to see what they have the programmer set to (just curious)?
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:12 am

cant remember but I know at least one of the first 3 numbers was at 8. It gained a bunch of mid range when I reprogrammed it.
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 am

i think sold it new, no record of service, took it in trade on a harley, sold it to me and charged for the inspection in the deal no less.
my guess it was bought originaly as training wheels. in my case it was bought since im unable to ride my harley for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?   What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it? Empty

Back to top Go down

What did the dealer do to your bike before you got it?
Page 1 of 1