Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

EXUP Connector (main harness)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
quick66

EXUP Connector (main harness) Empty
PostSubject: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Hey Folks,

Not sure if this is the right place, but... I was out riding trails Friday and ran into a problem. I removed the stock exhuast/EXUP somtime ago and had a Graves EXUP eliminator installed. Apparently the EXUP plug came loose from its mount and got in the sprocket. The Graves EXUP eliminator is gone and the female connector which was part of the OEM harness is also MIA. I'm wondering where I could buy a replacement connector for the main harness as well as the pins to remake the connection? Right now I just have the bare wires from the OEM harness. I looked on the Yamaha sites and they don't sell just the connector/pins, it's listed as part of the main harness which is more then $300.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:35 pm

I would think that you could just solder a new EXUP eliminator to the bare wires, or go the less expensive route that some have done and use a resistor. I would be happy to look at mine and tell you which wire goes where.
Back to top Go down
quick66

PostSubject: Re: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reply, Bob. I went to Fry's on my lunch break today and purchased some 7.5K Ohm 1/4 watt resistors. I soldered the resitor in between the w/r and b/r wires. The CEL is still on and the two fault codes (17 & 18) for the servo are still in the ECU history. I can't find anyway to get rid of them. Apparently the Graves EXUP eliminator is more than just a simple resitor. I imagine that the Graves piece is actually simulating the opening and closing of the servo motor through some electrical mechanism. At this point I don't know what my options are, only that I want to clear the fault codes and make the engine light go out. I have the factory service manual an in that manual there is a procedure for erasing the trouble code history in the ECU, however this didn't work either. My assumption is that the only way it will let you clear the codes is if the sensor/actuator in question has been repaired and is operating correctly. I believe this to be fact as I ran the diags on a couple of other things (fuel injector relay, fan, etc....) and this caused each of the sensors/actuators to cycle one or more times to verify proper operation. I'll have to think about this for a while. No way I'm paying for a main harness when I only need a single connector baldy
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with any fault codes yet, but I'm trying to create them! EXUP Connector (main harness) 93746

Good luck and let me know if you need any help identifying the wires.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:55 am

I'm thinking you'll need to plug the exup back in to clear the code, then proceed with the resistor trick. I believe Jim at Eastern Beaver carries all sorts of plugs and such, you might email him. Good luck!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
quick66

PostSubject: Re: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 am

greer wrote:
I'm thinking you'll need to plug the exup back in to clear the code, then proceed with the resistor trick. I believe Jim at Eastern Beaver carries all sorts of plugs and such, you might email him. Good luck!

Sarah
Sarah, you were correct :) I put some female spade end crimp connectors on the wires coming off the main harness and connected them to the servo. I was then able to go into diagnostic mode and select diag code 53 (EXUP) and operate the EXUP. Once I did this I went into diag code 62 and I was able to clear the fault history in the ECU. I then turned the ignition off and soldered the resitor inline with the w/r & b/r wires. Turned the iginition back on.... No fault codes and the bike seems happy :)

Thank You!!!!
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 am

Good!!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXUP Connector (main harness)   EXUP Connector (main harness) Empty

Back to top Go down

EXUP Connector (main harness)
Page 1 of 1