Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bike on diet - w/ pics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ryn930

Bike on diet - w/ pics Empty
PostSubject: Bike on diet - w/ pics   Bike on diet - w/ pics EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks to Dave_In_Michigan for the tips on this one. I've admired his bike for the past few years and finally felt I had enough miles to make some similar modifications. Over the weekend I removed my airbox. Below are the pictures.

This has all been done in preperation for an undertail exhaust that I'm working on next. The bike probably won't make sense to a ton of guys out there, but.. oh well.

I'm working on a set of rear stunt passenger pegs, rear handbrake, and chain/sprocket to make it my new full time stunt bike.

Hope you enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=101458672226884719229&target=ALBUM&id=5649393039197535329&authkey=Gv1sRgCKO_nIrK7a2UtQE&feat=email

Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: Bike on diet - w/ pics   Bike on diet - w/ pics EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:41 am

Nice set up... I like the dual lamps out front. What did they come off of?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Bike on diet - w/ pics   Bike on diet - w/ pics EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

very nice... I dig the minimalist look without the sidecovers and airbox. I'd also like to know the details on that dual headlight rig... it's very sexy.
Back to top Go down
ryn930

PostSubject: Re: Bike on diet - w/ pics   Bike on diet - w/ pics EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Arkmage wrote:
very nice... I dig the minimalist look without the sidecovers and airbox. I'd also like to know the details on that dual headlight rig... it's very sexy.

Thanks guys. That headlight came from ebay. I cut up the orginal headlight to make that visor portion. I used some yz450 motor mounts I had laying around to mount the headlights to the forks.

Here's the link to the dual headlights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DOMINATOR-HEADLIGHT-TWIN-DUAL-STREETFIGHTER-MOTORCYCLE-/110740778651?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c8aa2e9b
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Bike on diet - w/ pics   Bike on diet - w/ pics EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:40 pm

At the track we take a piece of lexan and ziptie it to the frame to keep crud off the filter ect.
Back to top Go down
zachsb3

zachsb3

PostSubject: Re: Bike on diet - w/ pics   Bike on diet - w/ pics EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:23 pm

looks good, ive been wanting to do this and get one of those small lithium batteries to hide somewhere. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike on diet - w/ pics   Bike on diet - w/ pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike on diet - w/ pics
Page 1 of 1