Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

garage mates coloured in white

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flatboarder

flatboarder

garage mates coloured in white Empty
PostSubject: garage mates coloured in white   garage mates coloured in white EmptySun May 31, 2009 11:12 am

ah its just me again... :)

garage mates coloured in white Mates.th

garage mates coloured in white Tp1i.th

Last edited by flatboarder on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: garage mates coloured in white   garage mates coloured in white EmptySun May 31, 2009 11:24 am

thumb Nice rides!

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: garage mates coloured in white   garage mates coloured in white EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:20 pm

SheWolf wrote:
thumb Nice rides!

The Tenere is monstrouos compared to the WR (which isn't obvious since it is parking in the background). Getting off the Tenere and climbing the WR makes me believe I would go cycling. So I guess, they will perfectly coexist in my garage.

Although both engines are current Yamaha singles with EFI, low fuel consumption, good durability, they feel so much of different (and also differ in construction and look completely different), that actually I would not compare them at all. However, when riding the WR after the Tenere, the first impression is a *massive* lack of power although there is a difference of only 17HP. It was kind of interesting experience to me, because I was used to ride short-stroke singles that run at rather high rpm rates (but some were even stronger than the Tenere). The Tenere is my first low rev long-stroke (well, not really) thumper at all, and I very much like the way it feels: more powerful than it actually is.

BTW I learned that by use of the Teneres digital cockpit (only 2 buttons to be pressed but more functions than WR) one can adjust engine parameters. There is some diag mode for maintenance that would let one adjust lots of nice things at engine management. I wonder whether WR cockpit would offer same tricky features. No clue yet, but one might keep an eye on it. Does anyone know about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: garage mates coloured in white   garage mates coloured in white Empty

Back to top Go down

garage mates coloured in white
Page 1 of 1