Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!

Go down 
+2
IAmABug
matt675
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matt675

finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! Empty
PostSubject: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 am

Brought it home from Oklahoma City couple of weeks ago...
Came with GYTR pipe, Powerbomb, fmf programer, and a K&N filter with airbox modification.
I put on the DRC light kit and waiting on the mirrors from soloracer that mount underneath the handle bars.
Wonder what else I should do? I think it will be good enough for now, but if you guys have any good ideas please let me know. I am thinking I will leave the gearings stock since I ride a lot of highways commuting and plus it messes up my speedo.

finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! 00110
finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! 00210
finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! 00310
finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! 00510

Last edited by matt675 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Nice looking bike...love the GYTR pipe and PB header. Must sound good
Back to top Go down
anoldsman

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Very nice thumb thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
matt675

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks, Love to ride this bike. My only slight complaint is that, it is cold blooded and boggles a little during take off when it's cold. But no big deal.
Back to top Go down
vermillionaura

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:04 am

the black frame and swing arm look boss! very nice indeed.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:30 am

matt675 wrote:
I am thinking I will leave the gearings stock since I ride a lot of highways commuting and plus it messes up my speedo.

1. your speedo is already messed up - roughly 7.7% off straight from Yamaha
2. stock gearing is sooooooooooooooooo boring
3. how fast do you really need to go on your commute - and/or how long is commute
4. how much freeway/superlab are you commuting
5. my 13/48 combo still lets me run quickly up to and past 75mph
6. a speedo corrector from 12o'clocklabs fixes any issues with speedometer corrections

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am

matt675 wrote:
Thanks, Love to ride this bike. My only slight complaint is that, it is cold blooded and boggles a little during take off when it's cold. But no big deal.

I think it has something to do with the aftermarket fuel programmer (IMO) or combo of air flap mod and the programmer (?), mine does the same thing just takes a mile or so to come around.

I did a little test when i changed out my pipe, header, and installed a fuel programmer. First put on the pipe and ran it, then put on the header pipe and ran it, then put on the fuel programmer and that's when i notice the cold blooded bog! I installed each piece separate to get an idea how it affected performance & mileage. I lost about 10-15 miles per tank, but it is much more responsive.

Looks Sweet, good job and nice find for an out of state purchase.
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:59 am

motokid wrote:
matt675 wrote:
I am thinking I will leave the gearings stock since I ride a lot of highways commuting and plus it messes up my speedo.

1. your speedo is already messed up - roughly 7.7% off straight from Yamaha
2. stock gearing is sooooooooooooooooo boring
3. how fast do you really need to go on your commute - and/or how long is commute
4. how much freeway/superlab are you commuting
5. my 13/48 combo still lets me run quickly up to and past 75mph
6. a speedo corrector from 12o'clocklabs fixes any issues with speedometer corrections

as for changing the gearing, well you wont know till you try, but is it really worth the hassell and extra cost? (new sprocket and chain for anything above 45 tooth(?) and mileage corrector cost. Any time you go larger on the rear you will loose top end speed, thats a fact! so, less top end speed and more wheelies, or less wheelies and able to cruise 75 without ringing its neck to death. :hmmm:

YOu want more take off power and get to top speed faster, remove your air box door and let more air in (makes a droneing noise that can become anoying so i made a cover to block out 70% of the opening still makes a drone noise but its ok.) I go back and forth with this one new cover back to old cover and every time i switch YOU can notice a difference at the throttle. This will get you thru the gears alot faster and its freee!
unless you plan to do stunt riding, changing gearing just doesn't make sense to me, this is a 250cc bike and it came this way for longevity of parts and ease of maintenance, we have already stressed the machine by adding aftermarket pipes and programmers i think that adding gearing changes to this formula is asking for trouble down the road, IF YOU RIDE HWY SPEEDS.

iF you ride any hwy's i wouldn't change gearing, if you ride only side streets and like to beat corvettes off of the line at stop lights, or your a mechanic and can rebuild your cylinder head then go for it.

I am not sure about this, but i think the mph dashboard computer can be adjusted to compensate for any gearing changes to correct the speedo. I have the service manual for this bike and it is coved in chapter one on how to adjust mileage readouts. I think its also in the owners manual referenced as a way to adjust mileage for events like enduros to correct your milage to their layed out course mileage, but i am not sure on how much adjustment there is ? if there is enough to adjust out changes in the gearing?

THere is alot that Dash board computer can do, it is like a little diagnostic device to check all operations when you have a problem, not just to give codes for malfunctions but it can be used to ck fuel pump operations as well cycle on/off operations of the fuel injector and many other servos and such, a cool little device to diagnose problems and its functions are covered in the SERVICE manual ONLY not owners manual.

If you have a predetermined mile , you can adjust the dashboard computer to recognize that distance as 1 mike and the computer will reset itself to adjust milage and speedo readouts. Like i said, i haven't tried it but i know its in there. This is a function used for different types of events, be it enduros or what not where you have to adjust your milage to match the course mileage so you can be on "course milage and match event markers" just like the WR250F dash board computer (we share this function with the wr250f).

You can also mess with your "C/O adjustment" (what C/O stands for, well no one at yamaha is talking about it so its all speculative) which no one knows for sure but i am perty sure its to adjust fuel feed to the bike? yamaha sets this at the factory depending on what part of the world they ship the bike to (IMO) helping it meet emissions standers in that area. Some guys in california show different readouts from mine and mine differs from someone in canada, etc..... Ck out you tube on wr250x "c/o adjustment" not that i have used this but its in the dash board computer. FYI. its just a bench mark adjustment and shouldn't be confused with a fuel programmer type adjustments. IMO.

OK i got a little carried away with this reply, i will try to keep them shorter.
Back to top Go down
matt675

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:02 am

Well...I do about 40 to 60 miles of highway almost everyday, and speed limit is from 65 to 75 mph. I don't like hearing my engine wind out for too long. With stock gearing going about 75 to 80 mph seems little over worked even though I know these little engines could handle it. I feel this bike has pretty good power down low as is with the pipe and programmer. Easily power wheelies in 1st and maybe 2nd. If I didn't have to ride on the highway so much I would probably consider changing the gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!   finally where it belongs, In my garage!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

finally where it belongs, In my garage!!!
Page 1 of 1