Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SLAP 2009

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:20 am

I am beaten, bruised (severe), lacerated, heavily fatigued...and absolutely loving it! SLAP out at White Rock over the weekend was an total blast. I probably doubled my ability to ride the 'little Hog' thanks to some awesome new friends out of Tulsa (thanks High Five, Kraybill and Scott for not leaving me in the dust AND not laughing....at least, not in front of me thumb ). This is just a 'teaser post' as a full video documentation is coming as soon as boogn1sh and I can get it done...but stay tuned 'cause it should be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:10 am

One of the best trips EVER!!

Thanks a million goes out to our Arkansas brethren for their unbeatable hospitality and friendship. You guys are the best!

Just a little note for you, bms . . . Hobbs was following you a good portion of the day and said he noticed you were doing almost everything right, but your biggest handicap is your tires and gearing. He really thinks that if you throw some 606's and a 12T sprocket on there and you'll be a completely different rider. Just some food for thought thumb
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 am

oh man, it's GOT to be done! boogn1sh and i discussed it on the way back home....a long, long, LONG trip (but not as long as yours, prolly Shog ) and he said the same. now, i STILL don't believe it would have helped me hang with you guys on the last session....again, let me say this for the record: I AM SO GLAD I WENT BACK TO CAMP.
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:53 am

also, special thanks goes out to Hobbs for sitting behind me all day. it made me feel a lot more confident...i just wish 'confidence' would quickly turn into 'capable'.
Back to top Go down
Highfive

Highfive

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Me too   SLAP 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 10:21 am

Had a good time! You're hospitality warmed my heart. The trails we found were fun....except for Saskawatch throwing that rock at me. I'd rate the morning trail some Green & some Blue, and the afternoon trail all Blue. Though, a few of those creek crossings were turning into Black rating, as slick & treacherous as they were. You're a Rider, BMS. You've got some real potential. Just need more time in the saddle. Anyone worth their chainlube has "been there, done that."

I'm getting old & picky. Very selective in my camping buddies. You two hillbillies are welcome in my camp any time! deal

Just hope its sooner not later...

HF thumb

p.s. Still can't BELIEVE I looked at "Saturn" with my very own eyeball in your scope! That was amazing!!! I'll never forget that.
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:08 pm

okay, this is just a 'teaser' of what's to come. btw: the SLAP vid will make it's debut on advrider...sorry, but i made a promise to HighFive. but i'll put it here within moments thumb

this is, well...White Rock
SLAP 2009 SLAP105

here's 'Lil' Hog' and camp
SLAP 2009 SLAP066

some reading material.
SLAP 2009 SLAP129

these guys were all over the place.
SLAP 2009 SLAP160

okay, more to come soon with actual description of 'riding'.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 pm

WR250Rs doin the SLAP thang... <-- clicky

SLAP 2009 DSCN2895
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Buds, Beers, Bikes and... BEARS!   SLAP 2009 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Did we mention that we were woke up by bears both nights rummaging through our camp? I saw some Thursday night when I went to help Pete set up.

I sure wish this site allowed embedded videos.....

http://vimeo.com/4901268
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:36 pm

That's weird, mine embedded fine... eeek dunno Nice vid tho...I love the pics too. Looks like you fellas had a ton of fun out there. thumb

badmotoscooter

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 8:22 pm

okay, here's the first part of maybe three vids on SLAP...not extremely happy with the quality but you get the picture...or, kind of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S25nX7JDho
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:15 am

here's some more visuals from SLAP....not so much moto here but a lot of natural beauty...and yes, i consider Bud & Brats as beautiful thumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgqjp7Hf9U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SLAP 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAP 2009   SLAP 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

SLAP 2009
Page 1 of 1