Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Winter storage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Carmmond

Winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Winter storage   Winter storage EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a wood working shop and will make a box to get the bike off the ground what size should I make it? Also I will be parking the bike in my woodshop over the winter, about 4 to 5 months and plan on putting STA-BIL in the gas tank and bringing the seat up to the house... Am I missing anything?
Back to top Go down
alansz400

Winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter storage   Winter storage EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Carmmond wrote:
I Am I missing anything?

Only some of the most fun riding. If you ride when the roads are dry or after a rain salts not a problem and snow is so fun to paly in. plus it makes winter go faster.

Winter storage IMG_1211
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

Winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter storage   Winter storage EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 pm

your missing out on the fun https://2img.net/h/i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/shorttrack915/021110_10091.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/user/915racer?feature=mhee#p/u/20/eDG2k53urxw
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter storage   Winter storage EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Different strokes for different folks. During the winter I'll go skiing the freshies any day over slodging along on a motorcycle in the snow.

Winter storage. Treat the gas, battery on a tender in the house, ensure your coolant is ready for the temps, change your oil after the last ride of the year (also means one less chore before firing up for the first ride next spring), and bike up on a bike lift/stand/dairy crate/whatever. A bike on a metal stand will defeat mice and packrats, unless they've learned to pole vault. If you don't like metal stands, then seat in the house, plugs in the muffler, seal off the air intake and leave filter cover open to discourage nest-building - and then traps around the bike to snag any uninvited guests.
Back to top Go down
Carmmond

Winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter storage   Winter storage EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Jäger wrote:
Different strokes for different folks. During the winter I'll go skiing the freshies any day over slodging along on a motorcycle in the snow.

Winter storage. Treat the gas, battery on a tender in the house, ensure your coolant is ready for the temps, change your oil after the last ride of the year (also means one less chore before firing up for the first ride next spring), and bike up on a bike lift/stand/dairy crate/whatever. A bike on a metal stand will defeat mice and packrats, unless they've learned to pole vault. If you don't like metal stands, then seat in the house, plugs in the muffler, seal off the air intake and leave filter cover open to discourage nest-building - and then traps around the bike to snag any uninvited guests.

Thanks for the input Jager.... yep in winter I'm on to snowmobiles, ice fishing and late bow season:)
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

Winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter storage   Winter storage EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Once the snow gets past about 2 inches, anything uphill on a one-wheel drive machine is murder.

That's what I have my 4x4 quad for! :)

Of course, here in Southern Califonia, we only have 2 seasons. Warm and not quite as warm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter storage   Winter storage Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter storage
Page 1 of 1