Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Under fender storage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boondocker

Boondocker

Under fender storage Empty
PostSubject: Under fender storage   Under fender storage EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:34 pm

It sure seems like there is a lot of room and clearance between the rear tire and the under side of the fender. No I haven't tried to measure at full compression. Yes, I know it's dirty location. It seems like it would be easy enough to mount a hard, waterproof container for seldom used items ~ spare tubes, first aid, air pump, tools.

Has anyone measured the clearance at full compression? I'm thinking about a couple of tool tubes.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Under fender storage   Under fender storage EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:28 am

I've been tempted to find a way to mount an MSR bottle or two up there but haven't had the time nor serious desire to do so as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Under fender storage   Under fender storage EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:35 pm

I got the standard agri tool tube and mounted it on the left side frame, replacing the stock tool box. At least I have room for some tools now. As for the under-fender idea, after holding the tube up there, I think the size and shape is incompatible. I haven't given up on the idea, but the chances of finding an ideally shaped and sized, water-proof container that can be securely mounted are mighty slim. Funny how big spaces look until you start to fill them Under fender storage Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under fender storage   Under fender storage Empty

Back to top Go down

Under fender storage
Page 1 of 1