Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

So it wasn't the battery...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RattTongue

So it wasn't the battery... Empty
PostSubject: So it wasn't the battery...   So it wasn't the battery... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:15 pm

So I was sure I had a dead, 2yr old battery. Turns out it was the ignition fuse baldy (I know I shoulda checked that first, but I was thinking about replacing the battery even before it wouldn't start). Anyway, replaced fuse and all seems good. I know there probably isn't a real good answer, but what could cause the ignition fuse to blow? Should I be worried that I may have a more serious issue some place?

Symptoms and why I thought it was the battery:

I had not ridden in about a week and a half. When I started it, it seemed to crank over a little slow. After riding up to the store it seemed to start fine when I came out to come home.
Next day at the trails, again it seemed to turn over a little slow on the first start, which is when I started to wonder about the battery. Rode for about 2 hours including stops and it cranked back up every time, seemed normal like the battery was charged back up (again, thought it battery going bad). Towards end of day, after riding for about 30 min. since my last stop, I stopped to clean googles and thats when it wouldn't start, completely dead. Well, not completely dead, which shoulda been my queue that it wasn't the battery. The fuel pump or what ever it is that cycles when you turn it on would cycle and the blinkers worked but instrument panel was completely blank. Loaded up, came home replaced battery, then fuse, etc. Trail conditions were mostly dry with a few places with mud/water, the bike was completely covered in mud when I loaded up so maybe water got where it shouldn't have???

I am fairly certain that it was cranking over more slowly after sitting for longer than 12 hours on the old battery, again I was going to replace the battery even before it wouldn't start. With the new battery it seems to not have that problem. But I still had that blown ignition fuse... very puzzling to me.
Back to top Go down

So it wasn't the battery...
Page 1 of 1