Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crypticfury85

yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R Empty
PostSubject: yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R   yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Hey Guys! New to the forum... anywho My friend has an extra set of 2011 yz450f wheels and I was wondering if I can rig it to my 2011 wr250x. Change the hub? Rotor? Spacers? Sprocket?

Thanks for the help and input.

Last edited by crypticfury85 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R   yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:20 am

new spacers, custom made to sleeve the ID of the wheel bearings and space the wheel left to right correctly. a new front disc to suit wrx size and yzf bolt pattern. rear disc should be the same. may have to space sprocket.
Back to top Go down
crypticfury85

PostSubject: Re: yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R   yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks for the response.

I've been searching this forum and haven't found a clear answer on the best way to covert my X into an R while keeping the X front brake baldy

Do you guys get the R wheels and put the X hub on?
R wheels with X brake Rotor?
Custom made wheels?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R   yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:03 pm

crypticfury85 wrote:
I've been searching this forum and haven't found a clear answer on the best way to covert my X into an R while keeping the X front brake baldy

Do you guys get the R wheels and put the X hub on?
R wheels with X brake Rotor?
Custom made wheels?
These guys sell R wheels laced to X hubs:
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/1/12/index.shtml

Lots of X owners in the forum have bought those, and regularly switch back and forth and back and forth and back...
Back to top Go down
crypticfury85

PostSubject: Re: yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R   yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks, I'll look into it. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R   yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R Empty

Back to top Go down

yz450f wheels on wrx? or best way to convert to an R
Page 1 of 1