Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another convert

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
YZEtc
blkwrr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
blkwrr

blkwrr

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Another convert   Another convert EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 am

Picked a new wrr about six weeks ago and thought I'd share a couple pics and some feedback on the bike to date.

Two weeks of mixed riding saw a GYTR exhaust being installed along with skid plate, pivot pegz as well as the exup thingy and airbox mods being done.

Whilst i thought the bike was excellent to cruise the roads the bush / trails offered more fun so the stock tyres also made way for some nobbies.

As I plan on doing alot more riding off road than on it's questionable whether I would have been better off just going for wrf or something equivent, certainly the guys I ride with wouls argue that should have the case. To be honest having not ridden a dirt bike for 30+ yrs I didn't want anything too quick as i know from my experience of riding / racing a fully tricked up quad for the past 3 yrs, if it's got the power I'm going to use it. Maybe over time I'll get bored of what the wrr has to offer in the dirt, however for the time being I'm finding it the perfect bike to get reaquainted with the dirt whilst having no problems staying with the equivelent skilled riders on quicker bikes.

Interested to hear from anyone else who chose the wrr for similar reasons.

Excellent site btw Another convert 61865

Another convert Wrr3_c12Another convert Wrr5co16
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:39 am

Last June, I bought a barely-used 2008 WR-250R with 118 miles on the odometer on a whim, basically because it was dangled in front of my nose at a lowish price ($3,500).
I'm very glad that I got it because it got me back into riding off-road regularly, something I hadn't been doing since 1993.
Now, I'm out there every Sunday. :)

If you ain't done it already, lower the gearing by at least dropping a tooth on the front sprocket (stock is 13 teeth in this country).
I'm using 12/47 sprockets, myself, and the bike is muuuuuuuch better for off-road riding while still hauling the mail on the street (84 mph). :)

I also own a 2009 WR-250F, and I got it street registered so I can legally ride it on my state's public land/trails and connect those trails with stretches of road.
Compared to the WR-250F, the WR-250R is a decent trail bike that can do the job.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:33 am

Nice bike! I rode lots years ago off-road myself, went to a sportbike and felt that it wasn't as fun as I had figured...especially seeing trails off the road that needed exploring, a street bike wasn't gonna cut it. Bring in the R² and now I can explore anything I pretty much throw at it.
Oh, and Welcome to the pack! Another convert 61865

inspector

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am

Welcome, Hi!
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Welcome from another WRR noob. I purchased mine last Saturday. Your bike looks great in black and I like the Monster graphics.
Back to top Go down
albrecht194

albrecht194

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:41 pm

what kind of plastic is that on there anyway? looks pretty sick Another convert 61865
Back to top Go down
blkwrr

blkwrr

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 am

Nothing fancy just a sheet of pretend carbon fibre adhesive with a couple of stickers on it.

The original Yamaha graphics got wasted after one 140 kl enduro ride as did the nice shiny finish of the black plastics.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:10 am

blkwrr wrote:
The original Yamaha graphics got wasted after one 140 kl enduro ride as did the nice shiny finish of the black plastics.
It only took 100km on my white bike GAHHHH .
Good to see another aussie on the forum thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another convert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another convert   Another convert Empty

Back to top Go down

Another convert
Page 1 of 1