Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Air cleaner and Dog Food

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
racer84

Air cleaner and Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Air cleaner and Dog Food   Air cleaner and Dog Food EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 pm

I just bought a 08 wr250 r with 472 miles on the odometer.I rode it on my little ranch for about 100 miles before I looked it over.I made the wr 1.9 miles of single track but never ran her hard,mostly 2nd gear.It seemed to have a very noisey motor even at idle.Well I looked at the air cleaner after 100 miles and unreal as it seems it was half full of dog food from a mouse.The bike had sat for a year in a garage covered up.I at first thought it might of hurt the bikes motor but how stupid is that thought if none got past air filter.Anyway a mouse can go in some weird places to store his food supply.

Last edited by racer84 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Imust of had a senior moment-none got past air cleaner)
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Air cleaner and Dog Food   Air cleaner and Dog Food EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm

In the air box or in the air cleaner?

If it didn't get past the cleaner no biggie.

If the doggy food made past, change the oil and filter a few times. There's no sand in the food, but if any went past the rings (probably not) it may be in the oil system.

And tap on the pipe some and listen for rattles. Might have just past through. poser2
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Air cleaner and Dog Food   Air cleaner and Dog Food EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 am

Hi Ken, Glad to see you are registered. This is a great site, you can learn most anything you need to know, make friends and all, Berwyn
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Air cleaner and Dog Food   Air cleaner and Dog Food EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 6:39 pm

They have done that to a few of my bikes. Get some 1/4in steel screen and cover any opening. Keeps good air flow and keeps expensive filters intact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air cleaner and Dog Food   Air cleaner and Dog Food Empty

Back to top Go down

Air cleaner and Dog Food
Page 1 of 1