Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How to order Mitas tires in the US?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A66auto

How to order Mitas tires in the US? Empty
PostSubject: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Can anyone help me? I tried the website www.mitasmx.com and used the "contact us" tab to ask a question and I got this in return:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

contactus@mitas-tires.com

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

So where are you getting your tires from?

Thanks

Alex
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:21 pm

budah Yeah, I had to just order them. C16/C17 worked pretty good for me.

100/100-18 C16
90/90-21 C-17
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Is www.mitasmx.com the site you used? How long ago did you order?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 am

Yes mitasmx.com is the site i used. I ordered my tires and tubes on 9/26 in the evening and FedEx delivered them 9/30. So pretty fast shipping. thumb

Only thing is that the C16/C17 are designed for "Semi-Hard to Hard Terrain". I ride 90% Street but liked the IDEA of really knobbie agressive looking tires. So as far as Wear, They've held up very well. I've slid the back out on a couple tight round-abouts, but I would assume that's a normal part of running knobbies on road (I'm new to dirt riding. Since this Summer 2011). When I get into the dirt though, those tires Grab on. I've never ran them through mud or sand, but dirt loose or packed they do fairly well. I AM curious if anyone has tried the "Intermediate" terrain C18/C19 tires designed for "Moderately-Hard to Soft terrain". :hmmm:

Anyways that's been my experience with them. Oh, their HD tubes are really Thick, and I had leaking problems when I changed my front valve core to something besides what came with them so keep the core with the tube it came from. Just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks for the detailed reply.

The WR250R is my first motorcycle and this will be my first set of tires. I will have to take a closer look at the tires that I choose. I find my self driving on the road more than the dirt because my friends have street bikes, but I like riding in the dirt more.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I was in the same situation... It was first DIRT bike, neighbor with a KLR250 but all my friends have Street bikes, which is why I tried the Mitas C16/C17's. Word of advice though, if you'll be on the road alot, you may want to consider something closer to a 75% Dirt / 25% Street because I have reached the Mitas' limits several times on asphault.

I ride >90% Street since I've put my Mitas on. I've got Dirt roads a-plenty, but trails are hard to come by where I live, which is why I'm pulling them and installing some Bridgestone Battlax 90% Street Tires, and I'll just spoon on the Mitas before I go on any trail rides.
Back to top Go down
Big-t

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Quote :
Yeah, I had to just order them. C16/C17 worked pretty good for me.

100/100-18 C16
90/90-21 C-17

Trying to order some tires and this tire sizing is kicking my butt...how did you come up with that rear size??

In Shewolfs tire shootout between the 606s and the Mitas,she listed the rear as a 130/80-18,which they don't list on their website.

OE is a 120-80 so now I'm confused. GAHHHH

And it the 90/90-21 just a personal preference as opposed to the 80/100-21?

What is the closest size to OEM?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 am

The front OE is a 90/90-21. For the rear, I couldn't find shewolf's 130 size either so I went with the next closest thing. I think I figured that a 110/100-18 tire width is approx 8.63" while OE 120/80-18 is approx 7.55". I didnt know if the wider tire in rear would fit so I ordered skinnier 100/100-18. Measure the inside distance of the swing arm and that'll tell you if the bigger tire would fit.
Back to top Go down
Big-t

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks.I did some research on ADV and came to the conclusion the 100/100-18 should be closest to the original size although the 110/100 -18 will probably fit in there also.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 am

I'm curious if the 110/100 would fit though. It'd give you a little bigger footprint. I think it would definately be something to check first. Unless you're like me and posted AFTER you ordered the 100/100. Very happy Well, Hope you enjoy them.

My M16/M17s just came off last night. They were so sad to be replaced by Shinko. cry
Back to top Go down
Big-t

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 am

Shewolf posted some pics on ADV with the 110/100-18 installed

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12542994&highlight=mitas#post12542994

I wanted as close to the stock size as possible,so the gearing and ride height would remain the same as it is now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to order Mitas tires in the US?   How to order Mitas tires in the US? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to order Mitas tires in the US?
Page 1 of 1