Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New to site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldrnfstr

New to site Empty
PostSubject: New to site   New to site EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving,

I just signed up with this Forum. I have a 2009 WR250X that is totaly stock except I replaced the tires with some Bridgestone Battlax BTO16F sportbike tires. Basically they are a trackday compound. I know it's overkill but once they warm up the WR is a blast to ride. You can't kneedrag like on my CBR600 but you can pin the throttle WFO and not worry abount going down. I'm a member of a sporting club where we have 3400 acres of land and around 14 miles of kick ass dirt and gravel roads. A motocrosser would be killer but with the Bridgestones it's still fun to ride those roads on the WR. I'd like to get some more juice out of the thing without going down the turbo road. I know Yamaha offers the big bore kit but it's VERY expensive for the extra 10 - 15 hp you end up with. I would be happy with getting the thing to go 100 mph on the street but not have the motor grenade underneath me. I knew when I bought it that it was not going to be a sportbike but sometimes I feel like a siiting duck when I'm on the Interstates. You don't have any reserve power to get out of any situation where some dink in a car is breaking your balls. I'm used to being able to hammer the throttle and leave the asshole behind. What can I cheaply do to get some extra power out of this thing?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

New to site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to site   New to site EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:37 am

Welcome. Lots of threads dealing with performance mods. Have a look around.

The big bore kit won't net you the kind of power you're looking for. 10 to 15 hp is optimistic in my experience. The only way to get that kind of performance is to do the different bike mod. Very pricey.

Do the few simple things that you can do; air box, AIS removal, EXUP removal. If you're still not happy (you won't be), step up to a new exhaust and a fuel programmer. Or, you could just enjoy the bike for what it is; a small displacement, well engineered hooligan bike that will keep you grinning year after year.
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

New to site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to site   New to site EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:33 pm

>"air box, AIS removal, EXUP removal. If you're still not happy (you won't be), step up to a new exhaust and a fuel programmer."

Bingo. All of those adds performance... and especally the fuel programmer.
WR250R is a pretty nice 250 that way... if you still aren't satisfied... you're looking at a KTM 350/450 (or 500 for 2012)
Back to top Go down
oldrnfstr

New to site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to site   New to site EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Builder

You make a very good point. I pretty much love this thing the way it is. The tires I put on make it that much better. I'll just resign myself to the fact it is what it is and enjoy. Around town it's 10 times more fun than any of the sportbikes I've owned. I'll have to stay off the interstate as much as possible. Love the site.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

New to site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to site   New to site EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:43 pm

oldrnfstr wrote:
Builder

You make a very good point. I pretty much love this thing the way it is. The tires I put on make it that much better. I'll just resign myself to the fact it is what it is and enjoy. Around town it's 10 times more fun than any of the sportbikes I've owned. I'll have to stay off the interstate as much as possible. Love the site.

New to site 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to site   New to site Empty

Back to top Go down

New to site
Page 1 of 1