Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

i wanna remove the air flap on the intake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cruiser_805

Cruiser_805

i wanna remove the air flap on the intake Empty
PostSubject: i wanna remove the air flap on the intake   i wanna remove the air flap on the intake EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm

i wanna remove the air flap on the intake im not sure how to is there any links on how to or should i jus take it to a mechanic i wanna do it my self to save some money its 2012 wr250r
Back to top Go down
bruno

bruno

PostSubject: air box   i wanna remove the air flap on the intake EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 pm

go to the home page, click on the top most flashing sign (WRR) , to find lots of pics of how to do it. Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: i wanna remove the air flap on the intake   i wanna remove the air flap on the intake EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:51 am

click me <-- click it

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bruno

bruno

PostSubject: I'm impressed !   i wanna remove the air flap on the intake EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 am

Motokid, you are a smart guy. Thank you.
bow
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: i wanna remove the air flap on the intake   i wanna remove the air flap on the intake EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 pm

I had good luck with the ultimate airbox mod. Simply removed the top of the air box by grinding the plastic rivets down, cut the whole flapper out and opened up the hole to the size of the full snorkel, then reinstalled the lid with silicone. As I do run deep holes and water crossings I wanted the most water protection possible from this, so I was glad when I opened it up and found that the PO had not filled it full of holes. wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i wanna remove the air flap on the intake   i wanna remove the air flap on the intake Empty

Back to top Go down

i wanna remove the air flap on the intake
Page 1 of 1