Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaynen

WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders Empty
PostSubject: WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders   WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:38 pm

so yay for Mwakey getting his awesome Marchesni's which gives me the chance to score a set of stock WRX wheels. But... I am trying to figure out what to do to make the swap as easy as possible when it comes to the brakes. I also want to do a sumo track class or track day and I see a lot of tracks require peg sliders

1) Are there peg sliders that fit the stock pegs for the WRR/WRX?

2) Is anyone using an aftermarket brake kit that uses a relocation bracket and the stock WRR caliper?
Back to top Go down
Jaynen

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders   WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Well I have answers to my own questions

1) No there are no peg sliders for the stock pegs that are not weld on but Wheeling Cycle and others are now carrying DRC wide pegs that fit the WR250X/R and other bikes while prairie city supermoto makes peg sliders that will fit these. They actually offer a combo deal at a savings but the pegs themselves are sold out for them http://pcsupermoto.com/cart2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_1&products_id=185

2) The EBC supermoto kit at motostrano or the other ones listed as being for YZ/WR 07 or earlier will fit according to them with a wrx caliper costing 189 bucks OEM this seems like a better option
http://www.motostrano.com/moecosubrkit.html 264 on sale motomaster eco kit with 320mm rotor

http://www.motostrano.com/ebcsuovdico.html EBC for 208 bucks
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders   WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 am

I used a pair of UFO Yamaha Universal peg sliders on my WRX. We were all prepared to weld (we have a MIG) but ended up modifying them a bit and the are holding without modifying the pegs in any way.

Good thing to have too as they do get dragged on the track. It would take it's toll on the track without.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders   WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR/WRX Brake kits and Peg sliders
Page 1 of 1